cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No NWDI activity asked while modifying the Web Dynpro java code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 2 team in our project, one offshore team and one onsite team. We have NWDI also in our landscape.

I have created 1 project in my local NWDS from DTR using create project option from NWDI track , when i do any modification in that web dynpro code once it appears in my local NWDS, its asking for the activity, all this is fine.

But when my offshore team send me this project from offshore (offshore team also working on this project), i go to my local machine under C:\Documents and Settings\user\.dtc\0\DCs\xyz.org\.. (workspace, where all the project folders are created in my local machine ) and replaces the web dynpro project (which i created using create project option from NWDI track ) with the project which offshore teams gave me that is I copy paste the project folder I received from offshore team.

I closed the NWDS and reopened NWDS, i did repair and reload also, but now when i try to do any code modification in that project its not asking any activity at all. So i want to know the reason why its not asking activity at all while modifying the code.

if now i do any code changes, and since no activity is asked, it wont be transported to QA and Prd system.

Can anyone have any suggestion on this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Instead of replacing the local copy in your machine, you can follow these steps to resync your code to the changes made by the onsite team.

1. Go to the Development Infrastructure perspective

2. Go to the Track you are working on.

3. Select the DC you are working on in this track.

4. In the dropdown menu on right click on the DC, select "Sync/Create Project"--> Resync option.

This will resync your project to the changes done by the onsite team. But before doing this make sure that the onsite team have checked in all the activities from their end.

The above procedure makes sure that the project is in proper read/write mode and hence when you try to make some changes it will for sure asks for an activity.

Regards,

Vishweshwara P.K.M

Edited by: Vishweshwara P.K.M on Nov 22, 2010 6:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishweshwara ,

thanks for the reply, but the problem is offshore and onsite team landsacpe are different, please read my reply to GLM.

please let me know if you can also reply to my query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there, a quick question which didn't the offshore team check out the code - modify it - and check in the code? Any issues with this approach?

A possible reason as to why an activity is not being asked for is, that the project may be in read / write mode and hence it is saving the changes to file system directly. Try setting the project as read only and see if it works.

If you want to yet add the files to DTR, try the option of Team->share project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

I think you might be right that some files are in read as well as write mode. I went to my local machine and checked the project folder C:\Documents and Settings\user\.dtc\0\DCs\xyz.org\testproject\_comp\.dcdef file , its not in read only mode, that is read only flag was not checked.

I again checked the mode of .dcdef file in other web dynpro projects which are asking for the activity in all those projects mode of .dcdef was read only that is read only flad was checked in .dcdef file. ( I am not sure is .dcdef file only giving this problem that si because of this file not in read only mode I am not asked for the activity)

So could you plzz tell me how to make in read only. when ever i click the read only check box of .dcdef file and reload the project in my NWDS. that read only check box is getting removed. how to do this..

regarding your query, landscape in offshore team and onsite team are different, client has not provided nay access to its landscape to ofshore team so offshore team can not check in / check out the code written by me and same applies to me I can not check in / check out the code written by offshore team , only option is offshore team do some changes in the code and send the project folder via email and I have to deploy in client landsacpe and do further modification.