cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude customer returns in automatic batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my client automatic batch determination process is activated and it works fine.What is happening at this moment, the customer returns with valid SLED is also picked in the fresh picking process, which is not itnerested by some of the customers.

Can we prevent that this returns stock with valid SLED stock is not picked during the new picking deliveris for automatic batch determination process.

batch is activated material level. Condition record VCH3 is maintained in storage location level. Btach determination happens at the delivery item category level.

I think the information is in MSEG table, but I am not sure how to put the block in picking process for customer returned stocks with valid SLEDs. Is there a standard SAP config or we need the enhancements to achieve this?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume,

Initially, when the customer returned goods inwared, will be stored in "Return" stock. This stock will not be considered at the time of PGI. but if the returned goods are in good condition, that will be tranferred to un-restricted stock which can be sell to other customers, which is logical.

What is the current returned stock category in MMBE? if it is in un-restricted batch determination will consider this stock & system assume that returned goods condition is good & read for sale.

if you dont want to do so,

If possible, try to have different storage location for all the customer returned goods.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the returned goods are in Good condition and kept in Un-restricted stock. the problem is When the new picking is started, selected customers don't want to receive this returned stock. they came to know this is a customer return stock when the SLED of this stock is later than the one they received early. This requirement is specific to few customers only. other customers are ok to receive the customer return stocks.

Hope I explained properly.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems std customization will not fit into your requirement. because some of the customers wont accept customer returned goods & they will come to know with SLED available for respective materials.

In such case, while determining batches, you have to exclude these type of materials & i hope identification you can do as said from the Material document table or you can read directly from the Batch Master Data (Tx:MSC1N or Table; MCH1)

Check with your tech team, ( Program:SAPMV50A & Include: MV50AF0P_PRODUCT_SELECTION_SET - may help you)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin MD,

Thanks for your immediate reply. Where we can place the validation to check SLED is not later than earlier one..This should happen at the time of picking. I have seen ur includes, but question is, where to place this program..

regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In batch/search strategy classes, add one more characteristic called batch status and values as returned/new (check box values).

When there is a return, select the value as returned.

For customers who do not accept the returns, in the batch search strategy, enter the batch return value as new, so that only new batches gets picked.

For other customers select both values return/new, so that all batches can be picked.

This is standard configuration using which you can fulfill your requirement.