cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP - Upgrade - Process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are currently on SAP 4.1 Demand Planning. We would like to upgrade to SCM 2007 or SCM 7.0.

My question when we upgrade will the process chains be transported to the upgraded system.

Thank you

Regards

Sameep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Regarding process chain transport you can also do it by your own by using following steps.

Go to RSA1  Transport connections object process chain.

You can select respective process chain and out it into CTS for transporting.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I saw that we can do it thro RSA1 for process chain.

But for selections ?

Regards

Sameep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameep,

As far as my understanding goes, you put an SAP upgrade patch in the current system to upgrade it to the next system. In that case, the process chains, and other master data remains there in the system as it is. There would be further more functionalities available in the new upgraded system which may create conflicts with the older existing system/settings. You need to validate that there is no conflict because of the enhanced features of the new system.

Alternatively, if you are moving the settings through a system path, you can also move the process chains by a transport.

Pls let me know if it helps you.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

Thank you for your reply.

To confirm, lets say if we are moving the settings through a system path, will the selections be also transported ?

Also what if it is SAP upgrade patch i.e what will happen to selections ?

Thank you

Regards

Sameep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameep,

As I said, if it is a technical upgrade, then you can directly apply the upgrade patch and do an extensive testing(variants/selection profiles may create conflicts because of the enhanced/changed features of the new system).

Also, when you are creating process chain variants or selection profiles, you can attach those objects to a transport request and can send it to different systems.

I would suggest to do a test of one or two objects on a sandbox system and verify it again. It should work.

Alternatively, you apply the patch in the sandbox system and do the testing for different technical objects/business scenarios.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

Is it a basis activity to attach the objects like selections and process chain to attach it to a transport ?

Regards

Sameep