cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP folks

We are using EDMS 7.0 (unicode) , We are currently facing an issue when trying to attach a file to a folder or document. when trying to attach from the EDMS frontend we get a pop to select the storage location . The document to be attached is stored in my local desktop . In the pop up which comes we dont find the option to select the local system option to select the path.

Can you let us know what is been missed ?

Thanks for the help

Achu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

Your answer was very useful and clear. Just additonal one question

1. if the SAP database is be used as server , what steps would be required to be done in SAP, Can you share if you have step by steps details?

Thanks

Achuthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

in regard to my posting top: In SAP help documentation I read that Easy DMS works also offline(see: <a href="http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/48/d57461982b424be10000000a421937/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/48/d57461982b424be10000000a421937/frameset.htm</a>) without logging in to SAP System. Please some comment why it appears as inactive?

Thanks beforehand!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. check the rfc traces and dev*trc..scroll to last few lines and you should be able to see exceptions/errors ..u can post that part only.

2. once you sync the data from SAP DMS then only you can work offline on that data..in short atleast one sync is required to enable this option..otherwise it doesnt make sense.

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answer.

When I try to log in, receive following messag:

You are trying to connect to a non-Unicode backend with a Unicode version of SAP Easy Doument Management. This may result in some unexpected behavior.

And I click OK to continue. Then I become a new dialog box with the message:

Caution: This system has release(Support Package 0)

Supported releases: mySAP ERP 2004(5.00) and mySAP ERP 2005(6.00). You may continue, but this may lead to errors. Continue?

Similarly I click OK to continue and become a message at the bottom of opening interface of Easy DMS:

Can't send licence info.

Additional my rfc*.trc file:

-

>>>> [7] <unknown> : EXT <ac: 41> L localhost >>> CLOSE abrfc.c 618 (72151046)

-{CB68F8DF-A098-F10E-8FA2-00E0A0007ADB}

{ }_{ }_0-

7 ==== Delta HO 7, 1 detaching (head) ==== Delta HO 7, 3 detaching (head) ==== Delta HO 0, 0 LOG DROPPED >>>> [7] <unknown> : EXT <ac: 42> L localhost >>> FREE abrfc.c 620 (72151046) -{CB68F8DF-A098-F10E-8FA2-00E0A0007ADB} { }_{ }_0- __7

==== Delta HO 0, 0 LOG DROPPED

• Trace file opened at 20101125 xxxxxx XXXXXX Standard Time, by Explorer

• Versions SAP-REL 710,0,208 RFC-VER U 3 1175319 MT-SL

<* rfcClose

My dev_rfc.trc file:

-

• ERROR file opened at 20101125 xxxxxx XXXXXX Standard Time, SAP-REL 710,0,208 RFC-VER 3 1175319 MT-SL

T:3196 Error in program 'Explorer': Old traces/error files might be found in directory

>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator<

best regards,

tuwien

Edited by: tuwien on Nov 25, 2010 9:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u need to assign S_RFC profile to user roles in su01 transactions..

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

I have done as you said, but become message:

Profile S_RFC does not exist or is not active.

May be it exists, but not active? Then how I can active it?

Thanks!

regards,

tuwien

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tuwien

u need to contact your IT basis guys to get it done..someone admin can do this..they shud be able to activate / add to your user.

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mishra,

my admin changed my profile to:

S_ENTW // All authorization for the R/3 System

SAP_ALL // All SAP System authorization

He also couldn't find profile S_RFS to define for me

regards,

tuwien

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i am not expert in this authorization area..but u have to have s_rfc profile for your user to work with easydms..i would suggest you to search for sap notes to get some idea how this can be done or contact sap..

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achutan,

Documents which we are uplaoding in dms are always picked-up from local PC. The storage location is the repository where these documents are kept in SAP. Either you can use sap database if volume is less i.e. upto 20 GB. But if you have volume more than this then required to install a separate content server for storing documents in SAP. When you check-in original that time these documents are getting stored in SAP DMS content server either sap database or external content server.

I hope you understood for storing documents in SAP DMS , you need to define storage location.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

Your answer was very useful and clear. Just additonal one question

1. if the SAP database is be used as server , what steps would be required to be done in SAP, Can you share if you have step by steps details?

Thanks

Achuthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear experts!

I am a new beginner in SAP Easy DMS, have a problem with logging. I have installed DMS successfully on my computer. When I click icon "SAP Easy Document Management", appears window of DMS interface.

My problems:

1. At that time one of the buttons - "Work Offline" appears inactive.

2. I have installed SAP GUI on my machine and I connect remote MiniSAP. When I try log in in Easy DMS, it can't be connected to MiniSAP. Which parameters and value should I use for logging?

Kind regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I couldnt quite understand as to why are you attempting to connect to miniSAP via easyDMS?As i understand, miniSAP is for those who are looking at getting Basis exposure or learn ABAP programming.

easyDMS is a stripped down version of your R/3 DMS.It connects to your R/3 DMS via interface(not miniSAP).Incase you are looking at connecting to your R/3 DMS via easyDMS interface, please check the details that you have entered for below parameters:

Available Systems

Client

User Name

Password

If your installation is as per the procedure guide and above parameter inputs are correct you should have no trouble logging in.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar !

thanks for your useful posting. But my problem remains yet unsolved..when I click "log in" button, I receive message: "Can't send license info!"

Please advice me

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuwein,

Check incase your user ID has SAP_ALL authorization? If no,contact your Basis team to get the authorization assigned. Post that,you shouldn't have any problem logging in.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

my authorization has been changed to SAP_ALL, but it did't help me..I get same message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you post the trace file details so that we may investigate further regarding the cause for the logon error?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please help me first, how I can attach it? Trace file is enough large, if I may, I can "copy paste" content here.

regards,

tuwien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

You are right we need to have a content server defined , but we don not want to have a content server defined instead we want to have the options to add / delete attachments from the local machine ( ex : my local desktop) would this still need a content server to be defined ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever you are looking at is possible in DMS via SAP GUI.

However,in easyDMS,you will always be prompted to choose a storage location if you are uploading a document.In summary,your requirement will be satified only when you are processing with SAP GUI and not via eDMS interface.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achutan,

Sotrage location is not your PC. It's the content server for storing dms documents. Kindly discuss and set the content server as storage location for the documents in SAP DMS.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra