cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM-EP SQL/Server Connection Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a system in Enterprise Portal(EP) which I want to have connection properties to my local MDM Server which is my SQ/Server on my laptop.

Using the Connection Test, EP cannot connect. I've tried 'local', the SQL Server name (in my case USTEM05NB028939) and even the IP address of my machine... no can do! I do have an alias set up... I suspect that the Connection Properties for a local MDM server are illusive... does anyone have the protocol for a local SQL/Server connection?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

solution is as below

1) Please ensure EP is updated with latest Business Package of MDM 5.5 SP03. Download the below Business Packages from www.SWDC.SAP.COM/Server using Service Market Place ID.

a. com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j.sda

b. com.sap.mdm.tech.connector.sda

c. BPMDMTECH.sca

d.BPMDMAPPL.sca

2) Ensure your "hosts" file (C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) on your laptop (MDM Server) has the IP address and hostname of the EP Server similarly update the same on EP server with MDM IP address and server details.

( Ex USTEM05NB028939 192.168.12.20) etc in the hosts file

3) Ensure all Java related patches of MDM are applied on EP which will enable WAS to identify the MDM IViews.

4) Go to MDM Console and check the Repository details of the repository that needs to integrate with EP. Identify the Repository Port that is running the Repository. Here usually if we have more than one repository in the MDM server we give repository ports like 1234,1235 etc but its imp to leave 5 ports for every repository example if the first repository is using 1234 as repository port then better user 1240 for the next repository.

5) Ensure you have accessed MDM Server Repository thru the Admin account of MDM Server from EP.

6) Also change the Windows Authentication mode of SQL Server to Administrator Mode for SA in SQL Server.

7) Also kindly mention the 'MDM 5.5 Host Server' as 'USTEM05NB028939' (If USTEM05NB028939 your MDM Server name) rather than Local on your EP.

Regards

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VEERA, Srinivas Chamarthy met U in hyd Hope u remember schamarti . my new yahoo chat id is shrinuvas ping me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tom,

You need to mention the IP address as hostname when connecting remotely..You can mention the Server name when connecting on a local machine..

Make sure your SQL server is listening on the required port..

Also make sure that the sqlservr thread is running!!

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Luck.

Tried 'local' and 'USTEM05NB028939' (actual server name) and the IP address of my machine. Connection Tests fail.

The sqlservr process is running.

I'm not sure what is meant by 'make sure the SQL server is listening on the required port'????

I have the User Mapping set OK I think. It's a local SQL/Server so the login/password are 'sa/(password)'.

The system Alias is set OK.

Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Which type of system you have created as I'm not aware if you have to give SQL server name when creating MDM System?

You should be able to create "MDM Server" system, and IP will do there as host name.

Regards,

Mausam