cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC and SCM 5.0, CIF question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up ECC to connect to SCM 5.0 via CIF, and have tested the RFC connections. Test results say it's working.

Now what are the next steps? LiveCache? I have a material in APO which needs to talk to liveCache to withdraw some data. Can someone give me some direction on the steps to follow after SCM installation? Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mon_ami,

You should work with your basis team to set-uo how your r/3 and apo system behave if its for outbound/inbound or both systems have inbound and outbound.

For example:

APO - inbound (since data are coming from r/3)

R/3 - outbound since your moving out the transacational/master data to APO

r/3 and APO = inbound and outbound (depending on your business scenario)

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mon_Ami,

It depends upon what business requirement you are trying to fulfill. You say you want to withdraw some data from livecache. What data? Why?

Do you want to forecast your company's demand? Do you want to create supply elements? Do you want to perform Availability checks? Do you want help in determining the best planning solution for a planning problem, based on constraints that you define? Or.....?

There are many business requirements that can use SCM as a solution. Normally, one doesn't implement SCM without having a concrete business requirement. What is yours?

Best Regards,

DB49