cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Sensitive Fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is it possible to have a case sensitive field within MDM? I have a table where the display field can have either an entry of Anup or ANUP, each of which needs to be their own record. It should also be unique, so that 2 entries with identical case throw a unique constraint violation. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!!

Anup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to have the scenario, you are talking about,implemented in MDM SP3.

You can have a auto ID field as your unique field.

In this case, the system shall be able to take both anup and ANUP.

However, a new record with ANUP as one field and new primary key would not be recognised as duplicate when entry is done using Data Manager.

However, when such an entry is done using import manager,

you can compare the fields of new record and present records, if they are matching, the record wont be inserted.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup

As per the earlier replies to your question you can't even create single record like

Vendor Name for first record ANUP and second record anup.

All this possible if you select Vendor name as Matching field in the Import manager. I never allows you to create further, but it allows you to update the record ( mapped or NULL fields ) or replacing the record by choosing appropriate option in the Import actions.

Please feel free to revert to me for further clarifications.

thanks

Alexander

Note : kindly reward the helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Sorryou can not have case sestivity in MDM fields as of now.

Please mark helpfulanswers

regards

Vinay