Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS mobile on Intermec CK61

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi out there,

I browsed already a lot through the web and did not really find solutions to my questions. We try to run a standalone ITS. mobile RF guns are Intermec CK61. To my knowledge the colleagues use windows CE and Internet exploerer. IBrowse (Intermec) also is available, I suppose.

I already created Internet services for transaction LM01 (RLMENU) with the option "mobile devices" and some other custom made transactions and published the services. We experience three major issues at the moment:

1. Function keys are not working properly: Tapping on the keys on the screen works in the menu LM01, but not pressing F1 on the "keyboard.". Is ~ITSMOBILEDEVICEINCLUDE <Name_of_the_template_to_be_included> the solution here

2. The resulting web page on the Intermec screen seems to be a bit too large. The result are scrollbars and not the whole page fitting on the screen. Do I have a chance either to edit the html templates or preferably change the template generator. is there a good manual somewhere out there.

3. One of the major issues: The main menu looks rather good, any time a "normal" transaction should be called from the menu, the screen seems to change from ITS to the WEBGUI, whether a corresponding service was generated or not. How can I tell the menu to "use" the appropriate service file instead of generating its own stuff in a WebGUI.

Or is it possible to change the look and fell of the automatically generated html pages here (I think the parameter to enable generating is ~generatedynpro = 1, isn't it?)

Thanks in Advance

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

1. Yes, the ~ITSMOBILEDEVICEINCLUDE is needed to make function keys work. Please note thought that not all browsers support this. I believe the iBrowse does support it though. Please see the sample that is provided in the ITSMOBILE01 service, devinclude_intermec700c.

2. For the screen size you might be able to make it fit using note 1316326, but depends on your system BASIS support package.

3. You will need to generate templates for all pages that are accessed from the mobile device. There is no parameter to automatically generate a mobile formatted page.

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

an additional question to your answer no 3: I found out that e.g. transaction LM02 is more a report than a dynpro guided program. How can I generate a service / templates for such a program? Webgui would work though, but lookalike is very different from the LM01 service I created via SE80.

Volker

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

There should still be a program and screen number for LM02. Just run LM02 in the SAPgui for Windows and you can see the program and screen number in Menu > System > Status.

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The issue with the function key is still not yet solved,

2. Editing the generated template helped, I also copied the standard generator but do not know, where to change sizing. Is there a manual out there somewhere

--> I found out, where the html page is complete, and at this point I manipulate the coding of the empty lines.

3. I found out, that I have to generate all screen templated of my different RF programs/dialogues within one service, on my PC the ITS worked properly afterwards. I'll have to wait til monday to test on the RF guns (thanksgiving in the states).

Volker

Edited by: Volker Bock on Nov 26, 2010 4:49 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

1. for the function keys you will need to be more specific. What have you done? Did you check if the device include is in the HTML view source when you call the service? Are you using a browser that supports META key tags?

2. Sounds like you have found it.

3. You can also create the templates under different service names, but then you need to add the GUI Configuration parameter ~sources with the value set to the service name of where the templates are.

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found out, how to include the deviceincludes, but I have 2 interfering issues:

1. If I set ~disconnectonclose = 1, my (SAP) sessions are closed properly, when I close the ITS session, but then the deviceinclude is not included in the HTML source code

2. If I set ~disconnectonclose = 0, the deviceinclude is included in the HTML coding, but then my SAP sessions are not closed properly, when ITS session is closed.

I have a standalone ITS, and I use a modified MOBILE (Mobile Devices) template generation class for generating my templates (but I suppuse, this has nothing to do with the above phenomenon)

Any ideas?

Volker

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker, ITS Mobile does not support ~disconnectonclose. Please see note 1268866 for ITS Mobile session management options. Thanks.

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

can I read that somewhere, that ITSmobile does not support ~disconnectonclose? The note you mentioned it either being reworked at the moment or only released internally (thats what help.sap.com tells me). could I get a PDF of this note somewhere?

thx

volker

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

Sorry, that note is not available to customers. The same information is located in the SAP documentation at: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/668d4b72255de4e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Notes 1074234 and 1169875 also might be helpful. There is no documentation that explicitly states to not use ~disconnectonclose. There is also no documentation that states to use ~disconnectonclose with ITS Mobile.

Edgar

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

Please be sure that the browser you are using is the iBrowse and that it is a version that supports HTML META key tags (I think all of the iBrowser versions do, I just don't know for certain.)

If you are using Naurtech then please check the manuals for their browser at:

http://www.naurtech.com/support_manuals.php

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

as far as I know, we either tried it with the internet explorer on the RF gun as well as with the IBrowse. I do not think we use NAURTECH (is that a Browser or a Variant of the intermec gun?). But to be sure I just sent email to my colleagues in the states for confirmation.

Volker

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

Please clarify which browser you are using on the mobile devices. In your message to me last week it said that you tried the device include for the NAURTECH. That is why I thought you were using the NAURTECH browser.

As stated earlier, the browser must support HTML meta key tags for the function keys to work.

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

due to my contact, it was the internet explorer, which in my opinion should be able to process the META tags, shouldn't it?

Volker

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

As far as I know, the default Microsoft mobile browser, IE mobile, does not support HTML Meta Key tags.

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

what browser would you recommend as an alternative, if thats true? And where to get it?

- Naurtech?!? Where to get it?

- IBrowse: this is on the RF gun already, but causes us some problems with a proxy we cannot switch off. I think this is set to the current environment, and not suitable for the "new" network environment. Maybe once its all with in the new environment, this should work

- others? Firefox? ...should be downloadable somewhere

Thx

Volker

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

If you have iBrowse already then you should use that. The iBrowse browser supports HTML Meta Key tags so that the function keys should work. In the ITSMOBILE01 service there is a sample device include for the iBrowse browser (DEVINCLUDE_INTERMEC700C).

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Still we are struggling with the F keys. It seems nobody out there uses the combination CK61 and standalone SAP ITS, as there is hardly any information to be found in the internet. Most hits in google are my entries in forums right now :-). Do you know about any other sources of information?

SAP OSS does not yield and results either ... may be I used not the proper search terms ...

Thanks for your help.

Volker

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

Have you tried the ITS Mobile article here to try to obtain the value for the function key?

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/HowtoobtainthefunctionkeyvaluesforITSmobile+applications

Is there any value that is submitted with your Intermec CK61 device?

I had a look at the Intermec website for the CK61:

http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrck61a/index.aspx

It's not a clear photo of the device, but on both keyboard versions I do not see function keys, it's not important though, as every key has a key code, you just need to find the proper key code for the key you are using and then see if the browser allows it to be overwritten. (Please note that there are some keys that are not possible to assign a function to.)

Perhaps your best bet is to ask Intermec if they can provide key values for the keys that you are trying to use. From what I remember Intermec also offers a way to configure "Virtual" key values.

I also found the documentation for the Intermec Browser (iBrowse) here with some information on the META key values. It looks like it is now using the syntax "IB_OnKey*".

http://www.intermec.com/products/ib/index.aspx

Edgar

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

finally, we made it !! Support from Intermec helped a lot in the end. They gave us a newer Version of the IBrowse, then the F-Keys worked with the "IB_OnKey ..." META tag. Maybe it should be added to some OSS note, that an outdated or old version of the IBrowse can be the reason for not working F-Keys on Intermec RF guns.

Thanks a lot for your support the last weeks !

Volker

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi out there,

the last information is not really true now again :-(.

Where are we:

- with the old version of IBrowse, a local HTML code, which should display the F key, which is pressed, on the screen, did not work at all

- with a new IBrowse version, this piece of HTML coding seems to show all f keys pressed, e.g. "F2 was pressed". which shows us, that the F keys work technically.

But in contrary to my last entry in this forum, in combination with the ITS no F keys worked at all.

My question now: Is there a way to debug the ITS or to trace the communication, so we get to know, which code / what hexcode is sent to the ITS for example, when F4 is pressed? I think this could help us finding out, how the mapping has to look like.

Thanks in advance.

Volker Bock

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After long search I found this thread. As of the problem we are using the Intermec CK 71 device with the Intermec browser . The problem is the custom screen sizes are not fitting to the screen exactly. An empty space is taken as many characters and the layout of the screens changes on the RF device. What is the solutions that you have done to overcome this.? Include an SAP note or change some thing in the HTML templates . Please do reply ..Thanks all of you...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After long search I found this thread. As of the problem we are using the Intermec CK 71 device with the Intermec browser . The problem is the custom screen sizes are not fitting to the screen exactly. An empty space is taken as many characters and the layout of the screens changes on the RF device. What is the solutions that you have done to overcome this.? Include an SAP note or change some thing in the HTML templates . Please do reply ..Thanks all of you...

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

volker_bock
Participant
0 Kudos

We gave it another try in detail, and it did not work again.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

The code at the URL should show the keycode when any key is pressed:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/HowtoobtainthefunctionkeyvaluesforITSmobile+applications

(Previously mentioned, but not sure if this is what you are using.)

Edgar