cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@PROMPT with ALL key word

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we use @PROMPT with ALL keyword users either can ENTER "ALL" or SELECT values from the LOVs. I am interested on when users enter "ALL" how business objects will interpt this syntax.

Since we do see the "ALL" in the where conditions list ( IN THE generated SQL), how BO knows to bring all values back to the results?

1. Either will completely ignore this prompt ( sine no "ALL" valid KEYWORD in the database level)

2. Or It will apply IN LIST (ALL VALUES FROM THE LOVs)

I am searched in most of the forums and I couldn't get the answer for this, It would help for anyone to avoid usage of ALL for performance reasons.. If you have any idea its really a great help. Thanks in advance???

I appreciate your prompt response..

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It takes all values from the LOV and, as you point out, this will lead to poor performance when using the prompts. It's recommended best practice to specify a custom LOV in the Webi query prompts rather than simply using the default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you verymuch for your response.. I think the best way to use OPTIONAL prompt from the reporting side which supports from XI 3.1..

The Optional PROMPT in the reporting would be nullified rather using all LOVS.. Please confirm if I am wrong. It increases the performance.

Thank you,