Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the directory sapinst_exe.###.### created during DB export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

During the DB export a directory called sapinst_exe.###.### will be created in

the sapinst_instdir.

What is this sapinst_exe.###.### used for?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All those will be the temporary directories and will be created whenever you will run sapinst ...

Any specific reason to ask ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why I ask this is that I am looking for the migration monitor related executables (e.g. expot_monitor.sh, etc.).

However, in both directories sapinst_instdir and sapinst_exe.###.### I cannot find any migration monitor related executables.

My install Master version is NW04S SR3.

So do I have to download the migration monitor related executables from SMP per note 784118 and manually

put them into sapinst_instdir?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From NetWeaver 04 SR1 on the Migration Monitor is integrated into the SAPinst system copy tool itself , you dont need to download seprate .Use system copy option from sapinst.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that I want to start the migration monitor manually. But i cannot find its related files

such as export-monitor.sh, export_monitor.properties, etc. in the sapinst dir. I did run sapinst

first and choose "system copy".

Seems sapinst did not create those migration monitor related files.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the same , it seems its not creating we need to download , anyhow there is no harm to download and use as tool version will be latest ..So suggest you to download and proceed with export.

Regards,

Answers (0)