cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply user exit from dynpro to web dynrpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have a user exit developed by my company and they’re running in Dynpro environment (coded in ABAP). What would I need doing to apply this user exit to web Dynpro?

The SAP instructor said that only need: - click in a button to compile to WEB.

I’m not sure! The java script needed, or the request response needed will be created automatically.

Anyone can explain me?

- What must be done to run a program in Dynpro (as a windows forms application) and web Dynpro (web application)?

- What are codes done twice? The view (user interface) code, I need doing in ABAP (Dynpro environment) and other time in Java (Web Dynpro to run by portal)?

- And about the controllers and models code?

- Can I use any model code developed in Java by ABAP, like a POJO or OJB or EJB?

I accept related source links or unrelated…

I’m learning SAP, this is a user questions.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to integrate a Web Dynpro ABAP application, you don't even need a user exit, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/2f1a63cb883575e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

For Web Dynpro ABAP configuration settings, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Regards, Heidi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see /people/oliver.mayer/blog/2006/06/14/web-dynpro-abap-or-java

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cleiton

There are 2 kinds of Web dynpro applications : Web dynpro for Abap and Web dynpro for Java.

If you are highly skilled in Java and your business logic resides primarily in EJBs etc, you can go for web dynpro using Java. If you are highly skilled in ABAP and your business logic resides primarily in ABAP environment go for web dynpro using Abap.

More models are supported by web dynpro for java than Abap and if you want to develop code for mobile applications then currently web dynpro for Java is stronger.

What kind of application are you developing so that I can send you the sample if required

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is in the SAP adopting process.

We’re analyzing the necessities of ours GAPs, nowadays we have a lot of systems (more than 500) and the BAAN ERP.

We want use all SAP by Portal, it’s a technical requirement. Then I’d like knowing the possibilities of developments that we can choose. To each possibility, I think that it’d have different patterns and source codes. About it I’d like to know more…

What’re the limitations of the ABAP Web Dynpro?

The new developments of the SAP are using Java Web Dynpro or ABAP Web Dynpro? ABAP can be in obsolete status in any time?

How about de productivity, comparing ABAP and Java Web Dynpro?

Thanks.