cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to understand a few things about Availibility check/TOR.

I take an example and lets say in my warehouse I have only 50 qty of material A. There are no further planned issues/receipts expetced.

I made one sales order1 for 30 qty and so the availibilty overview(cO09) shows the situation as follows :

stock 50 qty

sales order1 -30 qty

I made another sales order 2 for 20 qty and now the Co09 is as follows

stock 50

sales order1 -30

sales order2 -20

Since we have the stock available to cater to sales order1 and sales order2, I think there will be no Transfer of requirements to MRP for sales order 1 and 2.

My questions are as follows :

a) Can I make a reservation against warehouse stock of 50 qty(after sales order1 and 2 requirements against the warehouse stock) as shown above and if yes how ?

b) How will the two sales orders be confirmed/ requirements t/f to MRP for the above two sales orders after the reservation is made against warehosue stock as in point a.

regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

now you have created two sales orders one is against 30 Q and another is 20 Q. now the stock 50 Q is reserved against sales orders.

in this situation there will not be any TOR to MRP.

a) Can I make a reservation against warehouse stock of 50 qty(after sales order1 and 2 requirements against the warehouse stock) as shown above and if yes how ?

a.a). if you create a new sales order for quantity 50 then stock will get reserved against sales order based on forward scheduling logic because stock is nil and system will base on FS Logic and gives schedule line date as future date because it has to calculate all the dates.

b) How will the two sales orders be confirmed/ requirements t/f to MRP for the above two sales orders after the reservation is made against warehosue stock as in point a.

b.b). that is ATP logic, please check the configuration settings for the same.

regards,

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Nov 21, 2010 6:34 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that in Availability Check Control settings, for the combination of "A/02", you have not checked the box "Include Sales reqmts", my feedback is as under:-

You have stock of 50 in MD04

Create Sale Order1 for 30. This will be confirmed once you create a sale order

Create Sale Order2 for 20. This will be confirmed once you create a sale order

Create Sale Order3 for another 10. This will also be confirmed once you create a sale order

From the above example, you would observe that you can create en number of sale orders which would be confirmed to the extent of stock available and no stock will get blocked against sale order.

Again, this is applicable only if your IMG settings (OVZ9) is set as I said above.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create another SO3- stock is already confirmed previoius SO's, now ATP qtty shows "Zero". System will do forward scheduling to determine the delivery date for SO3. still if you want to re-allocate the existing stock to new SO, then you have to do re-scheduling. re-assign the SO1& SO2 stock to SO3- its possible.

Based on ATP check system confirms the stock, std logic. Read the ATP logic or search in FORUM for complete info.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD