cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing STMS import queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know if there is a way (program) that i can use to refresh the import queue in STMS automatically even when the import queue screen is not open. I am experiencing some intresting scenario and i am not sure if its normal. please let me know:

- I have recently added Sandbox system in the already existed TMS landscape. Domain links are used since Sandbox and DEV are in different network. When i release the transport in DEV its supposed to go to QAS import queue and also to Sandbox import queue in parallel. I can see them in QAS queue automatically without refreshing it, however it does not go to the Sandbox queue even after I refresh the import queue of Sanbox system (from Sandbox System). The only way It goes to the Sandbox import queue in Sandbox Queue is when I go the the Import Queue of Sandbox system in DEV system and Refresh it there. Is there normal? After I refresh import queue for Sandbox in DEV , i go to the Sandbox system and click on sandbox queue then refresh it there and it comes right through. I understand the concept of adujst the transport files by clicking the green arrow since they dont share same Central Trans Dir and i am also aware of the SAP report to perform this automatically.

-My question is, Why do is it required to refresh the import queue for Sandbox system "in DEV system" ? and is there any Report/Program that i can schedule in the Background in DEV that refreshes all import queues for all systems there even when the import screen is not open?

please suggest. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

turgay_samdanli2
Explorer
0 Kudos

check note 2488641

turgay_samdanli2
Explorer
0 Kudos

check note 2488641

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose discussed 1-2 weeks back only ..Search before post

In target system on STMS_IMPORT screen open personal setting (CTRLSHIFTF12) and select update display automatically.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gagan,

Sorry i forgot to mention this on my earlier post i have enabled this feature already but this feature only refreshes when you open the Import queue screen for specific system. I want to refresh automatically even when the import queue screen is not open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will put your question in more clear way!!

You are not able to view the transport in SANDBOX STMS(Auto refersh is active) untill you refresh from DEV STMS ...Is this ?? I dont think it should happen you are accesing the same screen from DEV or SANDBOX.

Just try what i have mentioned above

1) In sandbox select personal setting and do as per firt post

2) Release any request in DEV (Dont open STMS in DEV system )

3) Check if transport is available in SANDBOX STMS(Login to SANDBOX only)

Paste here the observations....

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gagana,

Thanks again for your response.

Thats is correct I cannot see Transport Request for Sandbox Queue in "Sandbox Queue" unless I refresh it in DEV system (Sandbox Queue)...i know its strange. That is why i wanted to see if this really is strange or normal.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmnn.. I am not sure why this is happening just try to schedule this program in sandbox say every 2 min (for testing) RSTMSTIQ ..I guess this will be used for adjustment of transport queue and then check if still transport request is not refreshing.

Regards,

Edited by: Gagan Deep Kaushal on Nov 20, 2010 8:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know i can schedule that report to adjsut the transport files in sandbox. Did you mean to schedule it in DEV system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you scheduled that in SANDBOX?

I mean SANDBOX only ! Update with status if still have same isue ..seems to be weird..

Regards,