cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct Module to Test OCI Roundtrip as Shopper?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im relatively new to SAP and assigned the task of programming a shopping cart to use OCI roundtrip. I have the docs on the actual OCI roundtrip protocol, and I have rented access to a SAP SRM server with MDM. Im using a desktop SAP GUI to manage access to this server. I have the location to enter parameters to setup an external catalog, but im not clear on what I need to do to actually test the shopping experience to punchout to the catalog.

Im unclear as to if there is a menu/area in the SAP GUI for the SRM server for me to test a configured external catalog, or if there is a web based module I need to obtain to connect to the SAP SRM server and in turn create/initiate shopping sessions.

Could you tell me what specifically need in order to test an OCI Roundtrip connection/punchout for a catalog I have configured in the SAP SRM server? Is there a menu/area in the SAP GUI iitself where I can test/simulate a punchout to a configured catalog?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you happen to get further information on this? I'm in the same situation as you from a testing standpoint. Beginning development on our first OCI Roundtrip and need information on how to test this.

Would you care to share any information you were able to find out?

Thanks

BK

Edited by: bkirchoff on Dec 13, 2010 4:21 PM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

OCI return handling is standard function in SRM.

Is there any business reason you use SAP GUI? Does IT not allow to install internet browser?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am only using the SAP Gui as I didnt know otherwise. I am paying for access to a hosted SRM server "SRM 7.0 with MDM Catalog" and they provided instructions to the effect to use the SAP Gui Download to access SRM. Im sure there is a web based url to access the SRM, but im unclear if it requires a specific add-on/module to enable that functionality.

I believe I have instructions as to what I need to configure an external web service under the 'Standard Call Structure' menu, but im not clear how to access the 'SRM Portal' once this is configured to access the configured catalog(s).

Is the 'SRM Portal' included within "SRM 7.0 with MDM Catalog" or is there some sort of application/framework/module that is independent of SRM that provides the web based portal functionality?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please get system landscape infomation from your project owner. Please also ask them clear business requirements.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

Thanks for your reply. I do not have a project admin - I am a developer learning this on my own.

I did find out how to access the portal area for the SRM server, and as I understand it I now need to, among other things configure my user id into an 'organizational model' and then utilize a 'employee self service' area to access configured catalogs.

Would you be able to recommend documentation which outlines in part how to setup users in respect to an organizational model - and explanation/details on employee self service.

Steve