cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBATP vs interchangibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GATP can be triggered via rules as well as by interchangibility master data right ? What is the added val

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Using Interchangeability Master Data, you donot have to create rules if you flag "Use Interchangeability Master Data" in check instructions.

Thanks

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah I am aware of that. But what is the added value of using one over the other ? Is it ease of one over the other or does one provide a functionality which the other does not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Rules used in GATP ATP check and the other application which is integrated with this functionality is CTM (Capable To Match).

But the interchangeability masterdata is a standalone functionality on SCM which is available to all SCM components. As far i know it can be used by SNP, GATP & EWM (FFF class i guess).... might be other components as well.

May be you can google and try for IC where used fucntionalities

Regards,

Deepthi

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

GS,

What is the business requirement, which functionality are you using SNP, GATP or CTM ?

following is the SAP help on product interchangeability

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/ad/e90bdc9b619f47af80f8b0c1b5b434/content.htm

Thanks

Pavan Verma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GS,

Difference to classic RBATP and IC MD:

The IC MD are usually easier to maintain or are already maintained for the other applications. You have some special group types (e.g. FFF classes) which you do not have in the classic RBA. On the other hand you can not use special rule types (e.g. consolidation location, ROC, MISL) with the IC MD.

So it depends on your bussiness needs what you prefer. Further details are listed in the SAP Help.

br,

Michael

Edited by: Michael Thinschmidt on Nov 24, 2010 9:01 AM