Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role not modifiable in EN language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ECC6.0 with SP14, when we modify the roles, popup says it can be done in DE language.

We had to login with DE langage and do the modifications.

Kidnly help me on this.

Kishore

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

not clear me your problem, so please clearly send.......

0 Kudos

I am not able to modify roles . Text appers inDE langage.

0 Kudos

Hi,

have you searched for OSS notes? The note 1093880 might be relevant for you but it should be included in SP14. What roles are you trying to change? Check also note 854311.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

each role shall have a language key for its original language. For instance the most SAP delivered roles have the language DE. If you copy such a role, the language key is copied as well.

For translating short and long texts you can use se63.

If you want to change the language key for instance from DE to EN, you can use the report Z_ROLE_SET_MASTERLANG, whcih is attached to [SAP Note 854311|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/854311] which Martin has suggested already .

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard

This one comes round a lot but I was always curious about the program being a Z_ - was it something that SAP created or adopted from a customer who wrote it?

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

>

David Berry wrote:

This one comes round a lot but I was always curious about the program being a Z_ - was it something that SAP created or adopted from a customer who wrote it?

it was written by a SAP delveloper to make life easier.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard

Sorry - I thought a SAP delivered program would have a SAP namespace rather than being a customer Z or Y first character but I've never really looked into those so I 'assumed' (I should know by now - never assume...)

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

As per my knowledge, it should not allow you to maintain the Role Description tab, but should allow you to add transactions and modify authorization data. Is it not allowing to modify at all? Just curious, since I had a similar issue earlier, which didn't allow to update the Description tab.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i also faced similar problem. What i did :

- copied the role

- saved and gen copied role

- copied description from old role and copied in copied on

Done !

now if u want it name to be same as origianl one, delete the original one and create another copy from copied role

0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet

Talk about making work for yourself - then having to cross your fingers that the role assigns itself correctly and that nobody else is/was working on the role/being tested in QAS etc

But - if it rocks your boat!

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

i did all in DEV box and transported further

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just struggled with the same problem last week so I am still able to remember how it got fixed. The reason is most likely that in table AGR_FLAGS the role has flag type MASTER_LAN with flag value D.

You can use function module PRGN_SET_AGR_ATTRIBUTES to change flag values. ABAPer should be able to create you nice program quickly if you have lot of roles with this issue.

Regards,

Saku

0 Kudos

HI,

there is no need to develop your own unless you suffer from NIH syndrome. The note 854311 mentioned in this thread has a report attached to it which just change master language of role.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

Cool, so even easier. Copy/paste from there if required for multiple roles. I had only handful of roles and decided to use the function module rather than getting someone with developer key to fix the issue.

Regards, Saku