cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which ports PI uses?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

In my work the IT people want to put a firewall and I want to know wich ports PI uses, like 21 for FTP, 80 for HTTP, etc..

Do you know wich port need to be open?

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias Peralta,

Based on your request I understand that you organization going to setup a firewall and you can expose some ports like 433, 4022 etc as per availability to Trading partners.

Port mapping should be done in thefirewall configuration as your web dispatcher port(This information can be obtained from your basis team / will be managed at the installation time / netweaver administration.)

80* series is for ABAP ports and 50* series i sfor JAVA port.

PI ports

The ports are created from 50000100*instance_number20n*5port_index, where n is the number of server elements from 0 to 15 and port_index is from 0 to 4.

Note: Good practice is not to expose actuall ports to trading partners due to security reason.

Thanks & Regards

Harsha Paruchuri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

80* series is for ABAP ports and 50* series i sfor JAVA port.

Generally adapters communicate with the third party servers (applications), and since they reside on JAVA stack, JAVA ports need to be opened(50* series).

But if you want to setup the connection using proxy (directly using Integration engine), then you have to open ABAP ports (80* series).

You can see these PI ports in SMICM transaction.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai this is venu how to install the netweaver please answer

regards

venu

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to ask a new question, plz open a new thread. Prior to posting a new question, do search on sdn.

Remember question should not b very basic question. There are lots of materials(threads, blogs, article etc.) available on sdn for basic questions.

For ur question

how to install the netweaver please answer

SAP provides Installation Guide with all its products. Please go through the steps given in installation guide of corresponding product.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, PI Server uses only 50000 series number. The second and third denotes instance numbers. If you dont use proxy network, only 50000 series , else both 50000 and 80** series. Hope I answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per PI Installation guidelines PI should use 50000 series port number, first two zeros are for instance number of PI. You can ask them open 80 series if you are using proxy to connect to your PI server

Regards

Praveen K