cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRSPACE 7.20 Category of initial extent size (initial)

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

I am reorganizing my tablespaces and converting all longs to lobs I noticed that on the above option the choices are now expanded from 6 to 8. Does anyone know what the 2 extra options are in numerical values. I have some very large tables and don't like that my options jump from 64M to 1G. I can't find any documentation on the new options. I have an ERP 6.0 system that I am applying EHP4 to and am in the middle of pre-processing. I got an error that one of my tablespaces was still dictionary managed that is what started the process.

Thanks

Troy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look at http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/brspace-category-of-initial-extent-op...

you shouldl not duplicate your posts across multiple forums on the web.

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I should do what I can to get an answer as quick as I can while I have a system down. Sorry I did not mean to upset you by pulling on the resources I have available. Thank you so much for your very informative and extremely helpful input.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your system is down, open a case with SAP with status Very HIGH.

you are paying for SAP support, might as well use it especially for urgent cases!

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if you get some useful information from there is a section for br*tools & few notes also mentioned.

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

Sunil

I went there, there is a lot of information on the change in the LOB compression but nothing really on the new values for the initial extent size. It's frustrating because the gap on 7.00 was from 64Mb to 1G. I am hoping there is something in between the two.