Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Operations and Component tabs in IW33

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know how I can hide the Operations and Compoent tabs in IW33 or put additional security around them? Appears that there isn't a standard object that controls the tabs. I created a transaction variant which worked, however when using IW49 and then double clicking on an order, it calls IW33 which I don't want users to have. I then enabled the S_TCODE check for IW33 in SE97 but now users can't double click from IW49.

I'd like to create a custom object for each tab, but don't know how to make IW33 check for those objects.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

As per my knowledge you can achieve this by custom development only. The standard functionality doesn't support to have the setup required by you.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

You can only do so by a custom development, but if I remember correctly there will be a common user exit for IW31, IW32 and IW33 where this can be programmed and although they will do the desired "job" of restricting people, but for some reason it is not very nice... When I did it for a similar set of transactions (IW53) the users could still see the tab, but once they clicked on it, it would kick them out of the transaction.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Nov 19, 2010 9:37 PM