cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Proxy : settings and properities

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I wonder if someone could help me in searching, where one is able to set up properities for Java Proxy such as session timeout.

My scenario is this like : I use Java Proxy for downloading quite big data package in synchronous mode. The bandwith of the destionation server is not wide enough and the download takes more than 3 minutes. Unfortunatelly after these 3 minutes I got following response back to Integration Engine :

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: No response available.</SAP:AdditionalText>

I tried to searcch for a reasonable parameter in J2EE Visual Administrator but still without success. Eg. HTTP Provider-ServletInputStreamTimeout, also tried a SAP XI Adapter : XI-xiadapter.inbound.retryInterval.default.

Maybe I miss something, like the servlet /MessagingSystem/receive/JPR/XI has got it's own setup somewhere, or maybe even my JPR module. But I really cant fin'd it.

I found some minor reference, that there used to be a "jpf.properties" file in XI 2.0. But as I've found it's the past.

Can anyone give a hint ?

Thx in advance.

Regards

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

just to close the thread - the timeout was indeed caused by the parameter SAP XI Adapter : XI - xiadapter.inbound.retryInterval.default. There was some misunderstanding with the system administrator. So I correct my previouse statement, the communication between IE pipeline and JPR is really configured within the setup of XI adapter. Thx to Lucas for cooperation.

Regards

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Try increasing the PROCTIMEOUT parameter on icm properties (SMICM -> GoTo -> Parameters -> Display/Change). Try setting it to 1200.

Also increase the icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB parameter, to cover larger messages (in case this haven`t been done before).

Perform the changes on all related systems.

Best regards,

Lucas Santos

0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

thank you for your hints. The parameters you mentioned had been adjusted as well; PROCTIME=600, icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB=102400 (which is IMO 100MB and we don't handle such a big packages).

More over I think I really need to look for the setting in J2EE, since the error message contains java-like convention and exception.

In other idea ? It really must be somewhere around Proxy Engine, or the JPR module itself.

Thank you in advance.

Regards Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Then try increasing also the following parameter for the AF service,

xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default

Which currently limits synchronous inbound calls to 3 minutes by default (180000 ms). More information on SAP note #791379 - XI Adapter service properties documentation

BR,

Lucas Santos

0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

I did it as a first try, but it didn't help.

But after minute of thinking I realized that this parameter could not influence the behavior of JPR channel - it sets up the timeout of J2EE XI adapter for communication to/fro Integration Engine. IMHO the communication from IE to JPR goes directly from pipeline to URL http://j2ee:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/JPR/XI. The channel itself is even not visible in RWB Communication Channel Monitoring, because it does not exist there.

So I really think it must be somewhere within non-XI-J2EE configuration.

Any other idea ?

Rgds

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Try setting the HTTP_TIMEOUT parameter to 10000 and increase the syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec on the Visual Administrator. For more information about both parameters, check the blog page below:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

BR,

Lucas