cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport step "T" not started using CTS+ with CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Up to now, we have been using CTS+ with our Portal and CE environments without major problems. Recently we refreshed our CE 7.1 sandbox system and we now have problems deploying transports to it (the rest of the CE landscape works fine).

What I have noticed is that the RDDEPLOY job starts successfully in the CTS controller system, but never completes. It never reaches the "Opening log for step T...".

I have tested the CTSDEPLOY RFC and confirmed the SDM password in TMS setup for the system.

Other than the "long running" RDDEPLOY job, I cannot find any errors in the transport or system logs.

Regards,

CJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RDDEPLOY job eventually cancelled 30 hours later. In the transport log I found the following errors:

Error in execution of Web services CTSDEPLOY , exception is cx_ai_system_fault

SOAP:1,007 SRT: Unsupported xstream found: (HTTP Code 503 : Not Ready)

I have reviewed note 1139406 and verified but code 503 is not listed.

The DEPLOY_URL for the target system is 5<ins no>04 as the target system is a 7.1 system.

Any ideas?

Regards,

CJ

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Cornelius,

please provide the log of the failed request as well as the trace files, I need more details to find the root cause of this issue.

As a general advise, I would ask you to check note #1003674:

#1003674: Enhancement for non-ABAP systems in CTS

Also, are you following / have you checked this doc?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c04b3127-c1f6-2910-c39c-c439b216...

Additionally, please check the default client for the UME configuration if it's pointing to the integration server client instead of another client, & kindly check this information in the logon Data to Destination "UMEBackendConnection" via Netweaver Administration. Quite often we see cases for incorrect UME config, leading to errors in CTS+ transports.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

The problem was with the Kernel on the CE server. When I did the system refresh, I performed the hetrogeneous copy, and installed a "new" system. The kernel was overwritten during this process.

I suspected the kernel to be the problem after I was unable to log into JSPM (was just hanging). After updating the kernel, the CTS system could complete the deployment phase.

The default installed CE kernel was version 88 (710, Windows/SQL). Kernel version 102 or higher seemed to have resolved the issue.

I have awarded some points for your response.

Regards,

CJ