cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Name Prefix vs. Name Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

configuring the NWDI and its corresponding SLD, I wonder what exactly is the difference between reserving a Name Prefix in the SLD vs. reserving the name?

Having a name-prefix-reservation like company.com/* does not work when importing a DevelopmentConfiguration into the NetWeaver Developer Studio. However reserving the the name-prefix company.com/foobar does work. Except it does not seem to be a prefix anymore, rather a name...

Could not find any documentation on the difference either. Any clarification appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended by SAP to register only one name-prefix, so we registered company.com/*.

However it is a bit unclear which portion of the DC becomes the reserved name which is to be registered automatically by the NWDS. Am I supposed to created DCs like "name/dc-name" or is the reserved-name derived from the DevConf path specified in the NWDI CMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talking to myself ...

It is possible to create a DC (e.g. a CAF-DC) with name "test/service". I reserved a prefix "company.com/*" so the prefix drop-down box is grayed out. I think NWDS is supposed to use innobis.de/test as the prefix but this does not work.

Until now it seems, that you specifically have to register the full-prefix in the SLD Name-Server without using the wildcard "*", so we have to explicitly register all prefixes used in development, one of them being "company.com/test" and creating the DC as "service", instead of "test/service"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following Configuration works for us to create CAF-DCs using NWDI with a general wildcarded prefix:

Register following Prefixes in the SLD:

DC-Name: company.com/*

Design Time Package Prefix: com.company.*

The Design Time Package Prefix is crucial for CAF-development. In fact, this should/could be required for any Java-based Technology...