cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am very new to DMS . we have just install the SAP ECC6 server with EHP4 Paches .

We wants to install DMS Server . I have questionair

1. can we install DMS on hpux ?

2. if yes . guide url ?

3. if no . then guide url for windows ?

4. Is this server will be saperate server ( saperate box ) or we can use EASY DMS Which is the component of ECC6 EHP4 ?

5. how to configure the server ?

6. how we can integrate it to ECC6 EHP4 Server ?

Pl. advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

SAP DMS is a cross application component and is very much part of your ECC6.0 landscape.It only needs to be turned on/configured by a DMS consultant in accordance with the customer's requirements.

As you are aware,as DMS captures,stores and retrieves docs alongwith host of other features, it is imperative that an ideal storage location is identified for storing the files,docs.Typically, when the volume of docs generated is large,content server is used as a storage option.Content server can be hosted both on Windows as well as UNIX operating systems. Latest installation guides can be downloaded from SAP market place.

No additional license fee is levied for SAP easy DMS(download from SAP Marketplace).Further,before you install SAP Easy Document Management, check whether your PC fulfills the below requirements.

Hardware requirements:

Free disk space: 20 MB in the standard program folder, for example C:\Program Files

RAM: 128MB(min)

Screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels

Software requirements:

Microsoft Windows 2000 with SP 3 or

Microsoft Windows XP with SP1 and

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher

Microsoft Office is supported as of version 2000, but this is not a prerequisite for installation.

Install SAP Easy Document Management on every PC on which you want to use it.Start file setup.exe from the installation CD and follow the instructions in the dialog boxes.Once open, SAP Easy Document Management automatically guides the user through the logon process. When you open SAP Easy Document Management in MS Explorer, a connection is set up to the SAP system across the SAP Easy Document Management interface.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply .

1. In our present scenario , we have to configure Content server as a DMS server ( saperate box ).

can we insall DMS on windows 2k3 server ?

2. we have to configure engineering change management in this server . can you pl. give me the usl of configuration guide ?

Thanks in advance !

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we insall DMS on windows 2k3 server ?

Yes,content server can be configured on Windows 2003 server.The latest installation guide and Content Server can be downloaded from SAP Marketplace.

we have to configure engineering change management in this server . can you pl. give me the usl of configuration guide

Engineering Change Management is a SAP cross application component already available in your ECC6.0 landscape.You only need to configure this solution as per your requirements and use.For detailed information, refer the below SAP help link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/d8/731cab4b7511d1894b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

it means we can configure the content server itself in ECC6 server .

1. we don;t have to install saperate Content server. am i right ?

2 if yes than what will be the procedure to configure content server in ecc6 server with out saperate installation of content server ?

3. Currently we have blank ECC 6 server . what is the prerequsition and postconfiguration steps to configure ECM in this server ?

4. finaly I don't have to install any thing in ECC server , just have to implement/enable ECM configuration . right ?

pl. advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. we don;t have to install saperate Content server. am i right ?

Yes,you need not procure a separate Conent Server.Its can be freely downloaded from SAP Marketplace by SAP customers.

2 if yes than what will be the procedure to configure content server in ecc6 server with out saperate installation of content server ?

Content server configuration guide is also available in SAP Marketplace. You will need to have the hardware,software of requisite configuration(already discussed several times in previous threads,please search) to host the Content Server.

3. Currently we have blank ECC 6 server . what is the prerequsition and postconfiguration steps to configure ECM in this server ?

For configuration of ECM,navigate to SPRO>IMG>Cross Application Components>Engineering Change Mgmt.An ECM consultant will help you configure this solution.

4. finaly I don't have to install any thing in ECC server , just have to implement/enable ECM configuration . right ?

Yes,ECM only needs to be configured.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick responce !.

1 .Finaly I have to configure saperate content server on saperate box .

2. integrate it with ECC 6 server .

3. and enable ECM in ECC 6 server which is inbuild feature of ECC 6.

Please corret me if I am wrong.

In our present scenario , we have blank ECC 6 server . .

I am basis guy , I have to configure ECM in this server .

Do we require any pre configuration of other SAP modules done by other functional guy like MM , FICO , PS, MM etc ? because client is blank .

Great thanks in advance !

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 .Finaly I have to configure saperate content server on saperate box .

2. integrate it with ECC 6 server .

3. and enable ECM in ECC 6 server which is inbuild feature of ECC 6.

Yes(Search forum for detailed info on these topics)

ECM is typically used for changes to Master Data.This includes objects like BOMs,Routings,Material Master,Documents,Characteristics,Class,Variant tables etc. Depending on the object to which you wish to effect changes, implicitly,you would need the associated modules as well.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !

Answers (0)