SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have configured an intercompany business process so that company A can sell materials to a customer but delivery the goods out of company B. However, when creating a sales order in sales organsiation in company A I need to specify the delivery plant as that of company B. When invoicing the customer the invoicing party is picked up as the delivery plant (from company B). Is there a way to show that a specific plant from company A is the one invoicing the customer?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Tsmash,

What you are looking for here is not an Intercompay STO process but an Intercompany Sales Process where an external customer is involved. A sales order is created for the external customer and a delivery is done from the supplying plant of another company code. Now there are two billing documents that are created here, the first sales organisation bills the external customer and the supplying plant sales organisations bills the internal customer i.e the first sales organisation.

I am attaching a link to the Business Process Procedure and the Config Guide for this scenario which will be useful to you to understand configure the scenario.

[Business Process Procedure|http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/Documentation/J62_BPP_EN_DE.doc]

[Config Guide Intercompany Sales Process|http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/Documentation/J62_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc]

Regards

Kaizad

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi Tsmash,

What you are looking for here is not an Intercompay STO process but an Intercompany Sales Process where an external customer is involved. A sales order is created for the external customer and a delivery is done from the supplying plant of another company code. Now there are two billing documents that are created here, the first sales organisation bills the external customer and the supplying plant sales organisations bills the internal customer i.e the first sales organisation.

I am attaching a link to the Business Process Procedure and the Config Guide for this scenario which will be useful to you to understand configure the scenario.

[Business Process Procedure|http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/Documentation/J62_BPP_EN_DE.doc]

[Config Guide Intercompany Sales Process|http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/Documentation/J62_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc]

Regards

Kaizad

0 Kudos

Hi Kaizad

Thank you for the information and documents you provided earlier. I had already configured the intercompany sales process. The thing is that in the intercompany billing document (sales organisation to customer) uses the internal customer number assigned to the sales organisation. However, for a business scenario where an organisation has multiplice stores all belonging to one sales organisation is there a way the specific store can be shown as the invoicing party in the customer invoice?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos

Yes Tsmash,

Instead of the internal customer for the sales organisation you can use the store as the customer itself and put it as the invoicing party.

Regards

Kaizad

0 Kudos

Hi Kaizad

Thank you for a speedy response. May you please explain the process you proposed above in a little bit more detail. The thing I am battling to understand is that if I use the sales organisation customer number in the sales order (ship-to field) where does this leave the final end customer (final consumer). Please note my objectives below:

1. Create a sales order from sales organisation X belonging to company X (Delivery plant Y belong to company Y).

2. The sales order/delivery is destined for an external customer CC

3. Sales organisation X must be able to invoice customer CC (however, the invoice picks up the site Y but I want to show that a specific plant/site, say X that belongs to sales organisation X is the invoicing party for customer CC).

4. Also, in the intercompany invoice the standard configuration picks up the internal customer number for sales organisation X but what if the sales organisation X has multiple sites/plants and I want the invoice to be at the plant/site level?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos

Hi Tsmash,

1. Create a sales order from sales organisation X belonging to company X (Delivery plant Y belong to company Y).

The customer in this case will be customer CC

2. The sales order/delivery is destined for an external customer CC

Delivery will be for the external customer from plant Y

3. Sales organisation X must be able to invoice customer CC (however, the invoice picks up the site Y but I want to show that a specific plant/site, say X that belongs to sales organisation X is the invoicing party for customer CC).

When you invoice the customer it will be from sales organisation X but the plant would be Y which has to be that way. However if you want to show that the goods are delivered from plant X you can make changes in the output instead of complicating the process.

4. Also, in the intercompany invoice the standard configuration picks up the internal customer number for sales organisation X but what if the sales organisation X has multiple sites/plants and I want the invoice to be at the plant/site level?

I guess I misunderstood your question earlier. If you don't maintain a customer for a sales organisation you can achieve this in the intercompany STO process but I am not sure about it in the intercompany sales process, I don't have access to a system as of now - you can give it a try check if it allows you to go ahead with the billing if you don't maintain a customer.

Regards

Kaizad