cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple table - is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To manage the position of text elements, I want to make use of a simple table in a Smartform.

TITLE   Text from a form interface
        table that can span over
        multiple lines. However there
        doesn't have to be any table
        content

Use of a table seems logical, except that I don't know whether there will be table content. A regular Smartforms table requires a table to loop over.

A template will cut off the text as soon as the end of the template is reached.

All I need is a single row on which I can set the two column widths... is that even possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

can u elaborate more or tell your requirement.

Regards,

karthikeyan k s,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the requirement is to print text as displayed above. We have a form title, followed by the contents of a form interface table. Every new line of that table has to start at the same vertical position, after the title.

The printed table doesn't have to contain anything... in that case, we just print nothing.

I can't put the whole logic in a table, since that would require the form interface table to contain at least one row. Otherwise the title wouldn't be printed either.

When I put everything in a template, I have to specify a height... and I don't know the height since I don't know the size of the table beforhand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venema,

your form interfce table contains only 2 fields, one is title and other is description . am i right .

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the form interface contains 1 field and 1 table.

The field is the title of the form, the table (possibly) contains a description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

can u elaborate more or tell your requirement.

Regards,

karthikeyan k s,