Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD Difference quantity needs to accounted

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using POD process,

After creates the PGI Document, I am going to VLPOD Tcode and Continue the Difference quantity with Reason(under delivery or over delivery).

After creation of POD and confirm POD Manually also,

But here, the requirements are,

Difference quantity (whether less or more) that has to be accounted, How do i capture the accounting part of difference quantity, Is there any configuration needs to be done,

I have checked the VLPODF Tcode also, How do we process and post the same for accounting part,

Accounting entries are like how its happening for After PGI,

COGS Dr

Inventory Cr

for POD Difference Qty Will be the following accounting entries,

Incase of Under delivery

P&L Dr

COGS Cr

Incase of Excess Delivery

COGS Dr

P&L Cr.

Earliest solution is highly appreciated,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muralidharan S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Lakshmipathi,

I have checked the same, in MM Perspective its ok

How do we do the same in sales perspective, At the time of POD Creation and confirmation(Manually) can we able to post the Difference quantity in accounting,

1. POD created manually through VLPOD

2. POD has been confirmed through VLPOD (manually)

After Creation of Sales Invoice it has taken the actually delived quantity(POD Delivered Quantity),

but here the issue is,

Sales Order raised 100 qty and Delivery made 100 qty after POD confirmation is 98 qty and billing also 98 qty

But my Inventory reduced to 100 qty(due to PGI for 100 qty and the same stock value also reduced), For the difference 2 qty has to be accounted as Loss and the same has to reduce my stock value also.

Please through some lightts on the same,

It will be highly appreciate,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muralidharan S

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you expecting POD returns stock should go to your stock or you want do scrap the material .To account POD returns develop a program it will execute as per POD diff qty in back ground it should post the documents 451 Mvt and 453 mvt pod returns to own stock.In mvt 453 document you can see POD returns accounting entries.In material document header you can insert delivery number for ref.

Please do above steps you can account POD differences.

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mr.Sridhar,

POD Difference quantity will be treat as loss or profit for this client,

Since they are in oil Business, POD Difference quantity incase (excess or over) it will not returun,

let's for an example;

Goods issue for 100 MT,

After Delivered to the customer place the surveyor checks the quantity and give the same to supplier it may be 98.5 MT or 101.5

Since our stock value reduced to 100 MT(actually delivered 98.5Mt)

this difference quantity value will be treat as Loss or Profit(this should be accounted)

How do we do this in sap,

Please through some lights on this issue,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muralidharan S

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread

[Accounting Entry for Loss in Transit|;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi