cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAP systems in MSCS with Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are going to install a BI instance in a MSCS cluster in which there is already a SAP system installed and clustered.

The SO is Windows 2008 and Oracle 10.2.0.4.

My problem is about the Oracle sw. In previous SAP releases there was a guide called "Installation of Multiple SAP systems in MSCS: Oracle".

For my release Netweaver 7.0. EHP1 SR1, there is no specific guide. All the references are the installation guide and part related to MSCS installation and a white paper about "new configuration of multiple SAP systems with Windows 2008 Failover Clustering".

In all that documents I haven't found what to do with the database. In the beginning of the installation documents says that Multiple Oracle_home for different database instances are not supported in an MSCS configuration. But in the pages related to the MSCS installation says "if required, set up multiple Oracle Homes".

So, what's the option? Multiple Oracle_homes or MCOD? Be in mind that I already have a SAP system in this cluster, so I already have an Oracle home c:\oracle\<SID>\102

Have you work in this scenario?

Thanks and best regards,

Ana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Officially SAP does not support Multiple SAP Systems in One MCSC Cluster. If such installation & configuration has been done by SAP Global Technology Partner then and then only SAP provide support.

what's the option? Multiple Oracle_homes or MCOD?

GO for multiple oracle_home , in which the same drive letter for oracle_home should be used on local disks in both MCSC cluster nodes. And the same oracle_home should be junctioned to the shared location on shared space.

The Chapter 7 High Availability with Microsoft Cluster Service of [Inst. Guide SAP NetWeaver 7.0 incl. EHP1 SR1|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000659894&_OBJECT=011000358700000353072009E] contains all the required information with detail. Refer it.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

multiple Oracle_homes in an Windows Server 2008 Failover Cluster can't be supported at the moment.

please use single oracle_home.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a plan that multiple Oracle_homes in an Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Cluster will be supported?

Answers (0)