Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Direct Connections in PI 7.1 EHP1

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two integrate two SAP ECC systems using Direct connections I have gone through the WiliamLI Blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b00bbb77-75bc-2a10-6b9a-a6f816151...

and also the documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ce5bf1a0d7154ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm

I have 1 doubt

If the proxies are generated on ABAP backend of PI system ( inbound and outbound both as per the blog )

How do I integrate two ECC systems ( Normally proxies are created on ECC system )

Or it is not possible to talk between two SAP ECC system using direct connections and I am going a wrong way

I am confused .

Please help in this regard

Thanks

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Normally proxies are created on ECC system

They are generated on the SAP system even in the blog.

Page 6 --> Design and Config Steps --> point2

Even it is mentioned in the blog: Generate Proxies on SAP Backend System for Scenarios 1 & 2

And if I am not wrong SAP Backend means the SAP ECC (R3) system

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you see this video , you will see that its generated on PI ABAP stack ( not SAP ECC )

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/a0b9885b-5ca9-2a10-6b8e-abe9ef432a23&overrid...

which creates my confusion

Now tell me if its PI ABAP stack under which scenarios the direct connections are useful

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not gone through the video or blog..but direct connections are for connecting peer to peer...

no routing of message through PI...

only runtime will be used...this is to have control of configurations as part of the loose coupling..

Hope this clears you..

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct, Instructor has used SAP PI system ABAP stack to create proxies.

Let me explain you how he has used SAP PI system to illustrate the Direct Connection with in PI itself.

-> Created Proxies both Server and Client in PI itself.

-> Uses Client 200 as SYS1 and SYS2 as 300 (see Receiver Communication Channel creation) other than these, he must

have 001 client for Integration server itself.

-> Executes client proxy from Client 200 and gets data from client 300 as this is the receiver.

-> Used client 200 and 300 as two different ABAP Back end systems (Integration Engines) but they are within PI itself.

-> To create proxy he must have ABAP developer license for client 200.

This never happens in any Implementation Projects, As Rajesh said they will be two different ERP systems which pass through PI.

Hope you understood now.

Regards

Praveen K

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys

Now if I understood correctly , this direct connections cannot be used in case when there are two different SAP ECC systems in the landscape

And In my case as I have two different SAP systems so it will not be hellpful

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

You can Connect two SAP System on different Servers without using middleware by means of ALE and Idocs or by using RFC.

Regards,

Vinod