cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Authorization on SRM Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is field on SRM Portal in Shopping Cart Screen. We need to restrict access for this field. For this we need to create an authorization object so that it can be used in a role. Later that role will be used in UI_CONTROL_BADI to enable / disable access of that field.

Can anybody guide me how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Siddarth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have given solution steps yourself..

Please elaborate more on your exact issue...

Thanks

Edited by: Vipin Bhardwaj on Nov 19, 2010 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

I agree with you that I provided the steps but my question is how to achieve this?

How to create an authorization object which can be used to limit access of just one field that also on portal -> Shopping cart screen? Because as I said once authorization object is created we can use that in role and further role in BADI to restrict access. I need help on first part basically.

Any pointers for that will be quite helpful.

Thanks

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth,

Please go through following link for reference. it is very useful as a starter: (click on "view article" button)

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a92195a9-0b01-0010-909c-f330ea4a585c]

and you can use this as well for better understanding:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/08/e44ae047ff4f518c84dcf768b9c141/frameset.htm]

~vipin

Edited by: Vipin Bhardwaj on Nov 19, 2010 5:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

This article is very good in you want to create field authorization in SAP GUI. I need to create field Authorization in SRM Portal. If you have any pointers for that then please let me know.

Thanks

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead checking into portal roles you can use below.

to hide this field you can write code in UI CONTROL BADI for a condition (i.e. role based).

for authrorization check, use FM "Authority_check" with passing your auth. object as input.

step 1. use FM for authority check

step 2 . check if sy-subrc = 0. then set 'X' to fields visible and enabled as 'X' (plesae refer signature)

~Regards

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Thanks for your reply but how can we create a blank role. We need to put some authorization object in that. This again leads me to same place where I was initially.

So again question remains, can I create an authorization object for portal field?

Thanks

Siddarth.

Answers (0)