cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.0 Inbound ABAP Proxy not executing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting a simple SAP (IDoc) -> XI [WAS 6.4] -> SAP (ABAP Proxy)[WAS 6.2]. This proxy receives a couple key elements from the Idoc and writes them to an accessible directory on the recipient SAP machine. Here's what I have thusfar:

- ABAP Proxy generated successfully on recipent system. Independent test through sprx_test_inbound is successful and file is written as expected

- Test Idoc sent, received and processed through XI successfully (as seen in sxi_monitor) and also received successfully on recipient sap system (as seen on it's sxi_monitor - checkered flag)

- However, no file is written

I have checked the following:

- Related communication channel Message Protocol is "XI 2.0" given recipient SAP system is 6.2

- SICF on recipient SAP system shows services as active

I am unsure what to check next, and from reading the various docs I cannot determine any other requirements for ABAP proxy communication. Ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your configuration of the XI adapter?

You need to send the message from XI to the receiver pipeline in the APP system. So you need to send it to http://<server>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=receiver.

You can either configure a sm59 HTTP destination for this, or use URL adfressing, but send it to the receiver pipeline.

Then check the pipeline settings in the App system.

sxmb_adm->pipeline settings->SAP_RECEIVER

In the pipeline elements tab, you should see a pipeline list element called 'Call Inbound Proxy'.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem. If I debug it is not going in the proxy and I have a commit work in the proxy! but it is not calling the proxy at all.

Did you fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

> I'm having the same problem. If I debug it is not

> going in the proxy and I have a commit work in the

> proxy! but it is not calling the proxy at all.

I had the same problem with an ABAP Inbound proxy on WAS 6.20, it was not called at all. I resolved it by activating the queues in SMQR.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

> I had the same problem with an ABAP Inbound proxy on

> WAS 6.20, it was not called at all. I resolved it by

> activating the queues in SMQR.

Sorry, I did not mean SMQR but SXMB_ADM -> Manage Queues.

Regards, Tanja

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I am completely stuck in the same situation

Scenario is:

file -> XI3.0 -> WAS6.20(Abap Proxy)

I think I have doubled checked almost everything i can figure out:

- messages in SXMB_MONI successful on both sides (XI and SRM)

- on SRM: SICF services active, queues registered and active, proxy generated and code implemented (actually the method of my implementation class is workin' good if single-tested), pipeline correctly configured in SXMB_ADM

I tried also to debug my proxy by deregistering queues and manually debugging the LUW, setting a breakpoint on my method execution (breakpoint at method), but nothing happens...

What am I missing then, for God's sake? Please help: I'm loosing my youth on that

Thanks

Alex

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fixed!

It was a really silly thing: in the XI Communication Channel to the Application System the URL was calling the engine with type=entry instead of type=receiver, so that the message got a pipeline id "sender" which doesn't execute the proxy code.

I looked very deeply into the ABAP code of the class handling the ICF "engine" service 😐

Alex

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have a line of code 'commit work' at the end of your inbound proxy, otherwise no updates are done.

In debugging a 'commit work' is processed from the debugger, so in this case the file is written.

Regards

Stefan

woutdejong
Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan, how does the commit work in the proxy relate to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/8a5f3c31727d59e10000000a114084/content.htm (the last sentence)?