cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit to Application Launcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've developed a mobile app for Handheld.

I want to create a button in the Mobile App, when user click on this button, it should close the current mobile application and take the user to Application Launcher page.

Please let me know how this can be done.

Note: I'm using SAP Mobile 7.1 and SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP09 PAT0002

Thanks in advance,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Sharma on Nov 19, 2010 5:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your best chance is to investigate the WDL class if you are talking about the PDA

Drill down with NWDS on classes that you think might be responsible for navigation.

If SAP developer can help on how to use the "launchApplication" method, what arguments to provide...?

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwmobile/SP3/index.html

I know I have been asked to make larger buttons for users who have trouble using stylus or we needed to hide Menu button altogether for security/"prevent user from messing up the client", but we put that requirement out of scope.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member53099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

try doing the following

1. Create an outbound plug on the window, say 'Exit'

2. Now create an outbound plug on the default interface view by the same name 'Exit'

3. Include the window and the interface as a part of 'Required controllers' in the references part of the view

4. Now create a button called 'Exit' in the view and fire an action on it

5. In the action just fire the 'Exit' button of the Window

Eg: wdThis.wdget<window controller>.wdFire<Exit Plug>

Hope this helps

Best Regards

vaidehi

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

All UI functionalities exposed by the client framework to the application code is done using WDLite class.

You can use it to us do something with the framework like exit an application.

Regards,

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

in Handheld application, if you need to navigate to the application launcher, you can directly navigate through the menu->System->Application Launcher.

Users can navigate to the Application launcher any time.

No need of implementing this in the application.

Thanks and Regards,

Suma