cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP with Material Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I wanted to understand that if I have setup the master data for Material Determination for material ABC to be replaced by XYZ in case of ATP not met.

During the availability check what does system do ? Does the system only does the substitution of material ABC with XYZ on the basis of the requested delivery date ? This means that substitute the new material only if the same is available on the same delivery date or it can still substitute on any other date whenever the stock is available for the substituted material.

Can anyone explain me the process that system follows in background.

Regards ,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh,

If you debug the sales order program, you will know that, Material determination works first then ATP.

Which means, if Material determination is active. system first substitue material ( based on substitution reason in VB13) & perform ATP.

In VB13- you have another option, that if substitue material doesnt have sufficient stock, then you can maintain another material for substitution.

Then system will check the ATP of the current (2nd substitution material) & provide you the Delivery date accordingly.

Even if you dont mention the 2nd substitution in VB13, system performs ATP of substitution material, then provide you the delivery date.

Hope it clears,

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am talking about the 2nd part, when I want to substitute material after the stock is not found for 1st material.

Wanted to understand that if the substitution happens on the req delivery date only or it checks for stock on any available date , does scheduling and propose a new delivery date for the second material .

The objective is not to get any new date and check for materials on the same req del date.

Can you please advise on this.

Regards,

Harsh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requested delivery date is always base to check the availability. For 2nd substitution material also, system takes RDD into consideration. ATP performs same as for entered material.

It is a std SAP feature in ATP.

Check your requirement, how you want the ATP should be done.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So as I understand , the base of Material Substitution will be Requested Delivery Date.

If the Original Material is not available in stock on the requested delivery date in the sales order, system checks for the substituted material.

If the Substituted material is also not available on the same requested delivery date, system brings back the original material and the schedule line is not confirmed.

System will not check for the Original Material as well as the Substituted material on any other date during availability check.

Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Regards,

Harsh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh,

I have to re-read my replies. Thought, I convey my message correctly. But am wrong.

Let me re-explain the same,

Assumption, material determination activated & record available in VB11

1 - system finds the substitue material against entered material in SO ( ref:VB11)

2 - Then system performs availability check for new (substituted) material with the RDD as base

3 - Based on ATP chcek, system derives the date in schedule lines

NOte:But it will not get back to the original material, if the new material stock is not available.

Hope now its clear.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD