Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD Variant Configuration - Object Dependencies for precondition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD Champs.

Greetings from Vinod.

i am currently working on variant configuration and would like to seek guidance for object dependencies and variant pricing.

Requirements:

1) There are some characteristics on my material for which the field entry is mandatory based on a characteristic value of another characteristic. u2013 Need to know how I configure this requirement, should I use preconditions for the same?

2) How can I leverage the concept of a table to maintain all my preconditions for characteristic values

3) I have 10 characteristics for my material out of which 6 characteristics will determine the price of my material. itu2019s just a simple lookup based on the characteristic values of those 6 characteristics. Should I use a custom table and assign to my pricing table or is it standard?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

1) Preconditions are more for hiding/Displaying characteristics. I would rather use selection condition assigned to the characteristic ( in CT04) for this requirement. Or both- a precondition to display the dependant characteristic and a selection condition to force assigning a value to it.

2) This question may be irrelevant becasue of 1 above. Also you need to keep it simple. However you may use Varian Function- CU65- which is in effect a Function Module and use a table in that code- But once you go for variant function, it is all ABAP and VC will lose its sanctity. Functions are used to for complex inferences, calculations etc. I would not recommend it.

3) You can use Variant condition (VA00 or equivalent) in pricing and simple VC Procedures for this purpose.. You may also use a Variant table (CU60) to suggest which characteristic value leads to the variant condition (again another characteristic) and then use a procedure to get the value.

If you have more questions, please detail your scenario and we can go from there.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thanks for your reply. let me explain the scenario in detail so that i can get a favourable answer.

i have 7 characteristics

CHAR1

CHAR2

CHAR3

CHAR4

CHAR5

CHAR6

CHAR7

these first 6 characteristics trigger the price of my configuration material. however the fields are determined whether they are optional or required based on another characteristic called CHAR 7

If i keep the characteristics optional, how will the system fetch the price because those fields derive the price of the material.

in order to solve this one. is there a way in SAP that the characteristic value can be taken as a "0" if the field is left blank for a characteristic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought you will explain about your pricing scenario.

Never mind, you do need a Selection condition to force entry to chars 1-6 based on Char 7.

If they are optional, system will not get corresponding price, so they are required, right?

That way you can force the users to enter values for them.

Question: If a characteristic's value is '0', what is the price for it?

Alternately maintain '0' as one of the values for the first 6 chars and make it the default value- click the checkbox in CT04. Now you don't need the precondition or selection condition but you do need the users to be cognizant of that becasue they may forget to provide real values and end up with wrong pricing. I don't suggest this but this may be an easy way out. May be you add a constraint to check for zero prices and render the config inconsistent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

it is a look up that the system does to see the value.

c1 - 01

c2 - 03

c3 - 0

c4 - 0

c5 - 0

c6 - 0

c7 - YYY

the system does not compute the price for that characteristic. the system chooses that as a key to fetch the price.

c1_c2_c3_c4_c5_c6 = 01_03_0_0_0_0 = $500.00

c1 - 01

c2 - 03

c3 - 02

c4 - 04

c5 - 0

c6 - 0

c7 - YYY

then the price would be c1_c2_c3_c4_c5_c6 = 01_03_02_04_0_0 = $2500.00