Its posible use GZIP HTTP with DOE?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It will be better if you explain your scenario as well.

-

pradeep

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am consuming the web services provided by the DOE from Java, and to improve the performance of the application need to GZIP compress the contents of the messages, as I can make the server send the messages DOE GZIP formats?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you tell which version and functionality are you using?

As far as i can tell, setting the application type is not done in the standard code as the case can be different for different users.

In general there are two ways of providing web service based functionality:

a- Use the SOA framework: in this case, the real implementation for the provider given by the server only pass on the result to SOA framework, which does the job of converting the result to SOAP format[as appears in WSDL] and delivering the response. So in this case changing the type rests with SOA framework. I've not seen any example where i can change the content type to gzip. However i do feel that there is some form of compression when the response is sent back.

b- do a native implementation by writing own http handlers. In this case the handler class serving the request has to change the content type from text/xml to gzip. Here again the standard implementation for web services is likely to have text/xml format, as the content needs to confirm with wsdl's soap format.

There are functionalities that have made use of one or the other approach in DOE.

-

pradeep