cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule backup on the date 1year later from current date

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a BASIS guy. I want to schedule a DB *backup on 21st december, 2012*. Is it possible? If possible then how to do it? Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sir(s).

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to my question...........in DB13 we can only see the calendar for the current month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its very much possible to schedule , DB13 will not show only for month ..Just scroll up/down or move left/right you will get further calendar as well .

So in short what ever you ask is possible just explore DB13 screen.

Regards,

Edited by: Gagan Deep Kaushal on Nov 19, 2010 12:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may always schedule a backup by means of operating system commands like crontab in case of Unix or at in case of windows.

Or by transaction SM37 in SAP.

But out of curiosity:

Why would you want to do that now ?

Wouldn't it suffice to do it in November or December 2012?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually sir, when I was exploring DB13 screen I could only see the calendar for the current month. Now my main question is that if I want to schedule a backup or something else 1 or 2 months then also I can't go to that month in DB13. The date that was given is just for an example. Please tell me how to schedule backup from SM37. Some ABAP program should be triggered I think. But sir I don't know the program name. And also in addition sir, I am just a BASIS fresher. That's why I don't know much. Only I am doing is exploring things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just schedule a backup in DB13, at any time you like.

Then go to SM37, and find out which job has been scheduled at that time. It will be something like DBA:....

Then find out how to repeat scheduling.

Easy, isn't it?

And my question still is:

Why would anyone schedule a backup that much time ahead?

As you may have noticed:

If you schedule a weekly backup on every Friday in DB13, this will run on every Friday, even in year 2012.

regards

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which SAP release you are using ? SAP_BASIS release/patch level ?

In Older SAP releases (e.g SAP ECC 5.0), you can change the display of planning calendar in DB13 (Calendar -> Calendar Display) by changing value of No. Of weeks Displayed to 99 , value of Index of current week to 2 and Number of items per day to 4 under Calendar Display sizes.

In New SAP Releases with latest BASIS patch level, you will find small calender display near to Action Pad in DB13. You can navigate to the desired Year/Date within that calendar and you can schedule the required actions on that specific date.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, I have found the job name. It is DBA:ARCHIVELOGS_____@010000/600. But sir still I am ujnable to schedule it on any date. When I am trying to change the start date, the calender doesn't take any other date than on which it is scheduled from DB13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't talking about change the start date, I was talking about repeat scheduling.

And then, DBA:ARCHIVELOGS... isn't a backup job, but a run of brarchive.

Well, Bhavik gave you another way.

You should have plenty of options by now.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK sir, thnx for the information. Both of you have helped me a lot. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually sir it is the practice server of our company. I don't know the release. But I think it's some of the old releases. Because I have done it as u told for the old releases. Thank you sir.