Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Clarification On Unicode and Upgrade-ECC6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need some clarification unicode and upgrade . It would be great help if you give your time .

We had 2 code pages - 1100,1401 in 4.6B system. We had languages - FR,EN,ES,PT and PL. The system has been upgraded to ECC6.0 non-unicode now.

Now in I18N->System configuration (RSCPINST), only EN is listed. SPUMG asked for activation of I18N to proceed. When the I18N activation was done, it has knocked out the code page 1401 from TCPDB table.

Is this normal?

But, the code pages 1401 is shown as consistent in SCP transaction.

The system setting has changed to Single code page. Will this affect unicode migration? How did the additonal code page 1401 which was in 4.6B get knocked out

now? How did the languages ES,FR,PT, IT and PL which were in 4.6B get knocked out of RCPINST?

We are manually filling the vocabulary since SPUMG is not showing Scanning tabs. The language key in vocabulary is not completely set. The reprocess logs are not completely green. Will this allow unicode migration now? Can we start unicode migration even with this status.

Regards,

Santosh

Edited by: santosh suryavanshi on Nov 18, 2010 11:11 PM

Edited by: santosh suryavanshi on Nov 18, 2010 11:11 PM

1 REPLY 1

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

SAP ECC 6.0 is not supported with MDMP. This is the reason for the behaviour in RSCPINST.

The standard way for an upgrade based on start release 4.6B with MDMP would be TU&UC (see SAP note 959698).

Do you follow this procedure ?

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG