cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In house production and subcontracted procured material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a material that can be produced in house or subcontracted.

The subcontracting is being modeled as u201Cproduction is at the receiving plantu201D so as we are using PDSs, we are transferring only the BoM; well first the subcontracting InfoRecord and after the BoM. For the In-house, we have a production version (master recipe+bom).

Planning is creating planned orders to cover the demand. In order to subcontract the product, I change source of supply to the purchasing info-record but I am getting a pop up with error: u201COrder has incorrect receipt quantityu201D and u201CActivity not validu201D. I click on enter button (continue) and the purchase requisition for the father is correctly created and transferred to R/3 but no Sub Requirements are created for the requirements neither in R/3 nor in APO.

Note that no problems are observed from converting PurchReq to Planned Order.

Thanks

CTF

Edited by: carlos tur ferrer on Nov 21, 2010 10:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody have some comments about the case?

Thanks

CTF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear fellows,

Before I modelled subcontracting as Production at Receiving plant:Subcontracting InfoRecord and BoM transferred from R/3 to APO.

The in-house procurement completely standard, a PPDS PDS from the Production Version (master recipes used).

I have changed to model the subcontracting as Production at the subcontractor, to do so I created another production version, with a BoM but without recipe. Delete PDS (BoM) from APO, deactivate subcontracting inforecords and BoMs integration model and activate subcontracting inforecords again as well as I generate and activate a new ppds subcontracting pds model to upload the new subcontracting version.

However, error still persists:

'Order has incorrect receipt quantity' and 'Activity not valid'

Please, note that error only happens when I manually switch source of supply from Planned Order (PDS) to Purch Requisition (Info Record), no problem observed if i switch from purchase requisition to planned order. Additionally If I created purchase requisition or planned order manually, no error is shown either.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

CTF

Edited by: carlos tur ferrer on Nov 24, 2010 1:00 PM