cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing inmediately works in one step but fails in other step of same job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I´m defining a job in SM37 with 2 steps which both of them should be printed inmediately. For this reason in each step I define "print out inmediately" in print specifications>properties>time of printing-->print out inmediately. The strange thing is that only works in one step (works means is printed inmediately) but in the other it doesn´t and I get the message SY355 "spool request without inmediate output"

In Default Tab of user who is running both steps is not marked "output inmediately" but as far as I know it is not needed (that´s the reason we marked the option in the steps of the job).

I changed the option f time of printing from "print out inmediately" to "print later" and back again to "print out inmediately" but it didn´t work. I deleted the step of the job and recreated again but it didn´t work.

I have the same job with 2 steps defined in other SAP systems and are working properly (same version but probably different patching). The version of the system is ECC 6.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced,

Félix

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

post closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We dind´t find the reason to this behaviour but we did a workaround: define a third step with program rspo0065 which print spool orders.

Best regards,

Félix

Edited by: Felix Granados on Dec 16, 2010 1:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know on what version you are running, but I found this old note which describes your problem: Note 355025 - Error message SY355 with order printing

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks to reply. The version of the system is ECC 6.0 and unfortunately the OSS note doesn´t apply.

Best regards,

Félix