SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustment Reversal of Billing Document - Best Practise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario u2013

Jan 2010 -> Billed, invoiced and printed invoice sent to customer.

After getting printed invoice, customer called for adjustment due to incorrect meter read.

Option 1: Do a full reversal and send a new printed invoice to customer for the month of Jan 2010.

Option 2: Do an adjustment reversal which inter create new bill. Here we can use two options, either we can send another printed invoice for the month of Jan 2010 or we can wait for the next month (Feb 2010) invoice which will include all the adjustment from previous month.

My question comes here u2013

In case we need to send a new printed invoice, we can do adjustment reversal and create new printed invoice online (or by nightly batch) and send to customer.

But if we want to wait for the next month invoice what are the options we have.

As per my understanding, in this case, after adjustment reversal, we can put an invoice lock at the candidate contract account which should expire by next schedule bill date (Feb 2010). So the next invoice will pick adjusted bill doc from Jan 2010 and Feb 2010 and create single invoice.

My client want both the options from option 2 but I am curious to know if this can be handle in any better way.

Any other suggestion to handle this scenario will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sanjoy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would do the following:

1) create an check box field on the contract account called: send separate adjustment reversal. The user will have the option to check the box if they want to create the invoice. If the box is unchecked the adjustment will be invoiced with the next billing document (logic to be added in event R403)

2) implement the following logic in event R403:

if the billing document being invoiced if adjustment reversal

if the indicator on the contract account is checked

uncheck the indicator on the contract account (you can use FM FKK_ACCOUNT_UPDATE)

ELSE

if there is another billing document created after the adjustment reversal billing document

put the same value in field E_GROUP in table T_EITR for all billing documents so they will be invoiced on the same invoice

end if

endif

endif

I have used this logic for interim documents (02).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel Toba

http://www.sap-isu.net

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would do the following:

1) create an check box field on the contract account called: send separate adjustment reversal. The user will have the option to check the box if they want to create the invoice. If the box is unchecked the adjustment will be invoiced with the next billing document (logic to be added in event R403)

2) implement the following logic in event R403:

if the billing document being invoiced if adjustment reversal

if the indicator on the contract account is checked

uncheck the indicator on the contract account (you can use FM FKK_ACCOUNT_UPDATE)

ELSE

if there is another billing document created after the adjustment reversal billing document

put the same value in field E_GROUP in table T_EITR for all billing documents so they will be invoiced on the same invoice

end if

endif

endif

I have used this logic for interim documents (02).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel Toba

http://www.sap-isu.net