Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN41N - Two Versions at the same time as in CN41

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible to see the data of two project versions at the same time as in CN41 using the CN41N?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is not possible.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

It seems possible but not actually happening. I tried for the same several times.

Ensure your DB profile is enabled for Version data. You find version related input selection fields in CN41N. Choose, execute, get report.

You will get an extra drop down option to switch between individual versions (one at a time only).

The menu path "Edit -- Comparisons -- Project Versions" gets highlighted but you cannot select a data column in CN41N as you can in CN41.

This is the point of interest. The standard layout of CN41N doesnot seem to be enabled for selecting a data column.

Let expert comments be invited.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks krisap, you have explained the issue very well, with all the details, lets see if any expert can tell us how to select more then one project on the drop down.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krisap, You have to right click on the colum to select a column in CN41N

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks! That's very useful.

But it would be nice to be able to compare, as in CN41, all the fields by having a row for each project version.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ahmed,

1. When I right click on the column it gets highlighted in yellow color with a simultaneous pop up menu with functions "hide / find / optimize width / help" options.

2. I cannot select multiple columns at the same time.

3. Even by highlighting the column & executing the menu option "Edit -- Comparisons '' Project Versions", system gives the message "Please position cursor on numeric column" which is not our objective.

regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can't do it like in CN41, may be that is the limitation of CN41N. Check this Note 1427331 - CN41N: Displaying details of version not possible , It is not related to your problem, but read it what it says, "CN41N is not capable of displaying detail information of version data", if you want you have to use CN41. So may be same thing applies for comparing two versions together.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Nov 20, 2010 3:43 PM