cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect packing based on volume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

When i try to pack material system is throwing below error '0.333 packed because of insufficient available volume'

The UOM of main material is PC and packing material is EA. I have maintained packing instructions ' 5 Materials can be packed in one Carton'. But system is packing decimal qty, which is incorrect. It shud pack in numbers and not in decimals.

May you pls advise?

Regards,

Deepu Pillai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu P,

Are you maintaining differe UOM in Base unit of measure ( basic data1) & sales unit ( sales org1) in MMR?

- if yes, check for the UOM conversions in MMR.

& check the allowed weight in Packaging material master record. Packing will be done upto the limitation of allowed weight only.

in Delivery - while doing packing you can check the allowed weight & Tare weight .

check in forum, very recently i have replied to one of the threads that addres your query.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin,

Thank you for your message.

Sorry, I din't find the thread you mentioned. But the error is still persisting. When i remove weight and volume from packing material system packs blindly.

Let me ask you a simple question..How can system be packed in decimal units if main material UOM is in Pcs. If i have 10 pcs to pack, then minimum qty to pack is 1PC or in multiple of 1. Here system is considering 0.333 pcs for one HU which is incorrect.

Please advise.

Regards,

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs pls

Answers (0)