cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the file using file adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement, IDoc -> PI -> JMS Adapter. Here the IDoc is in Flat file format. How can i consume Flat file version of IDoc into PI using Sender File Adapter for further processing..

The Flat file version is been created within the SAP Application server "/usr/sap/SID/SYS/global"

Do I need to specific Source Directory as "/usr/sap/SID/SYS/global" in Sender comm channel? How about the remaining parameters like authentication details?

plz guide me..

Thnx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramani,

Check the below thread, this would help you..

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain, the issue is not ' how to convert the Flat file to IDoc XML' ..

Actually the Flat File is placed on R/3 system Application server(R/3 File system) and not on PI File system.

1. How do I get the file which is placed on R/3 File system into PI ?

2. If we are using Sender File Adapter to consume the file then what should be the source directory (i.e., /usr/SAP/PID/Global/..)

We are using PI 7.1.

Thnx

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramani,

The first point you should think to read the file from R/3 is, To check whether the system is in the same LAN. Whether are you able to access that directory, Whether the PI and R/3 are installed in the same Operating System.

If so, you can use file sender adapter with NFS.

Hope your problem will be solved.

Regards

Pothana

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

If Your system is on the same landscape you can pick the file using file adapter , you basically have to do file tunneling

then as your file comes in PI , you have to schedule report RSEINB00 as per my suggestion previously

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0901cba-f49e-2910-748c-d7ce4c0c4...

go to transaction AL11 and there you can find DIR_HOME with a path.

D:usrsapPID..

Double click on the filename, you would be able to view the file content.

That path is ur Application Server path, there you can save your file. Then in the External Data tab in Scheduling screen select Application server and on the file name press F4 so u can get the AL11 files select that then double click DIR_HOME, select your file.

It will ask for display contents or copy name. Give COPY NAME the file name with path will be copied.

If we are using Sender File Adapter to consume the file then what should be the source directory (i.e., /usr/SAP/PID/Global/..)

If you are on the same network then use File Aapter(NFS).

Now, the path should be usrSAPPIDGlobal

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to run the report as RSEINB00 which will convert the flat file Idoc into normal Idoc

Import the Idoc definition into your design and do normal mapping of Idoc with JMS

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

What is the report about? Where should i execute within PI or SAP R/3 system? Can you please eloborate more

Thnx

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

this report you have to schedule in PI system . it is a standard report basically used to convert flat file to idoc

Please check this link for more details

Regards

Ninad