cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on Costing Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement for a report. We run the standard costing run every period for all finished and semi-finished materials. Is there a standard report available from the system for reporting the standard cost (cost component items) for the materials costed ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikitha ,

There is one report CK80_99 .. which is a standard SAP report which gives you Cost Estimate by Cost Components ..

But the drawback is that you cannot have multiple materials in selection parameters and if you have lot of materials .. then its very time consuming to analyze .

What i did for a client is that i created a new ABAP report similar to CK80_99 which has multiple materails as selections . I took the selection date as cost estimate creation date and derived values from KEPH and KEKO tables and its working for my client perfectly..

Only drawback , is that the selection date is to be creation date.. not the validity date .. as validity date will pick up mutiple lines from KEPH/KEKO tables if multiple lines exists..

Discuss the same with you client and ABAP and revert back for any further questions..

Regards

Sarada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

I was thinking to make a report painter tool in CO-PA. (We have already created costing keys to access the cost estimates !!). Will that work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you release your cost estimates monthly .. so that COPA will have new values every month ..

Regards

Sarada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. We release it every month opening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN COPA .. you will have updated standard Costs ( COGS) cost component will .. assuming that each cost component is assigned to a seperate value field .

Now , you need to find out COGS for each unit of Goods sold .. in COPA .. as COPA will be updated by ( Sales Qty * Standard Costs )..

You have to define your reports accordingly . If you a sales from other in-house and external purchase goods .. then this report will not work..

It will be difficult to do according to me .. never done that ..but depends on your business situation also..

ABAP report will be better and quicker option .. as ABAP report will not be a very complex one ..

Regards

Sarada

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

Just releasing cost estimate wont update it in COPA.. You cant take a report from COPA regarding the cost estimate released from CK24

Cost estimate will flow to COPA only upon billing... Other than this, there is no direct relation of Cost Estimate with COPA

pardon me if i have understood your req in a wrong way!!

Regards

Ajay M

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. It was a wonderful discussion I had with you all. My sincere thanks to all..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cases of order related scenarios, the Sales Order number is also recorded in the variance documents. It is possible to capture variances by Sales Order.

Kind Regards

Umapathi G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umapathi

Thanks for your input. However, we are not using MTO scenario, ours is MTS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shall I conclude like this:

(1) For standard costing results, I shall ask the Abaper to develop a report.

(2) For standard cost of the sold materials, a report painter report shall be created in COPA. Again for the actual cost, I will include the variance also so that the +/- of the variance with the standard cost will give me the actual cost report.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Niki, you can conclude like that...

Would like to add one point to your point no 2...... Std Cost + / - variance in COPA may not give you the actual cost... because, the std cost in COPA would pertain to the Sold Qty, where as the Variance would pertain to the Mfd Qty

If there is huge closing stock i.e. unsold qty at month end, Std cost + / - variance may not give you the actual cost

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay.

As you said, variance will give as per the manufactured quantity. Then how can we give a actual report of the sold quantity i.e. standard cost + variance relating to that particular quantity sold ?

As you also said, please also tell me when we settle the variance to COPA, won't that update as per the quantity of the material produced ? Even if it is settled against the total manufactured quantity, when we sell a particular portion of it, won't the variance be able to split automatically based on the quantity which was selected in the sale invoice ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

We discussed this in one of your earlier threads...

What you want is possible, but in Material Ledger.. Without ML, what you get is COGS (For Sold Qty) and variance (For Mfd Qty)

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ajay, ML will enable us to inventorise the variances.

But without ML, if I am creating a report in COPA, with columns (1) Sales Invoice (2) COGM (3) Variance (4) Total Cost, I am wondering, what figure will appear against variance column against each row of invoiced quantity (because variance is for the entire manufactured quantity, not for invoiced quantity) ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Niki, you got it right... The Variances will be for total production qty and not just Sales Qty....

Without ML, there is no other way.. ML would not only inventorize the variances, but also revise the COGS based on variances, so that COGS reflects the Std cost + / - variances

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Ajay, in the COPA report (without ML) as I proposed, variance column will come blank or what ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

It wont come blank... It will throw up the entire variance amount for the mfd qty

Let me explain with an example

Mfd Qty in the month = 100

Sold QTy = 80 @ 100 per unit

COGS @ std = 80 per unit

Variance = 1000 (for 100 Units)

Your report will show

Sales Qty = 80
Sales revenue = 8000
COGS = 6400
Variance = 1000

What you want is a variance of 800 instead of 1000... Did I get you right? If yes, Thats not possible w/o ML!!

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay, I got you already. What you have shown is a total of the quantity in the report. But If I take each sale invoice separately in different rows of the report, the total variance cannot be displayed against each item, right ? The grand total is fine.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

thats right... Your sale invoice is record type F and Variance is record type C... So, they cant tie against each other in the same line

In the Line item for Sales Invoice - variance wil be Blank

In the Line item for variance - Sales revenue/COGS will be blank...

You will face this only in a line item report...

If you select both record types F and C for your Value Fields and you see the report for the FIniished product, you can see both COGS and variance side by side. But, if you drill down on Customer, you may see variance as blank

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ajay, now we are on the same boat. Thank you very much.

Could you tell one more thing. I will be using the COPA report for COGM Report. I Hope I can display each item of the cost component structure in the report, the total of which will be COGM. As you said earlier, for those items which are sold, the Standard Costing structure will update the COPA. I have defined costing keys for accessing the estimate. I am yet to finalize the report structure. Meanwhile, how can I ensure that the costing keys are working fine and I would be able to pull down the costing run data in COPA for the invoiced items ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Release std cost for a material...

In KE40, do the settings " Issue error msg if no cost estimate found".. Assign your costing key at relevant places and map CCS to value fields in KE4R

Now post an invoice from SD... See the COPA document.. You should see CCS (Cost Comp Split) in your posted COPA doc

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. As per the consensus, I hope I can ask our Abaper to develop a report.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikitha,

These are the various reports:

S_ALR_87099930 - Results of Costing Run

S_ALR_87099931 - Price vs Cost Estimate

S_ALR_87099932 - Variances Between Costing Runs

S_P99_41000111 - Analyze/Compare Material Cost Estimates

CK86_99 - Costed Multilevel BOM

CK80_99 - Cost Components

CK88_99 - Partner Cost Component Split

KKBC_MAT - Cost Elements

CK84_99 - Itemization

S_ALR_87013046 - Material Cost Estimate vs. Preliminary Order Cost Estimate

Kind Regards // Shaubhik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check report S_P99_41000111 - Analyze/Compare Material Cost Estimates for selection with more than one material.

Kind Regards // Shaubhik

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no report giving you a list of all materials at once.. You need to develop it using Tables KEKO, KEPH, MBEW, etc

Regards

Ajay M