cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR: Alerts tables understanding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After running alert generation role specifying just critical actions flag and a specific risk that includes a few transactions we have identified that the following tables are containing data:

VIRSA_CC_ALLASTRUN: Dates and time when alert generation job finished

VIRSA_CC_ALLISTHDR: Header data that is shown under alers' reports.

VIRSA_CC_ALLISTDTL: Details for the alerts identified (in our case critical trnasactions)

VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG: Last time a user executed a transaction within the period alert generation was executed

VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE: All transactions executed by users (transactions are shown several times but differs on time) within the period alert generation was executed

Our questions:

1) When and where tables VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG and VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE are used within SAP GRC AC?

2) Since we are executing alert generation job on a daily basis, tables VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG and VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE are increasing very fast. Which is the best practice and procees to manage this information? Is deletion performed? Is archiving performed?

Many thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Imanol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

Great to hear from you. Hope you are doing fine.

Many thanks for your useful response. I have tried the Action usage pruge and it just remove data from table VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE. No impact on the other ones related with alerts.

One further question: The report you mention RAR --> Informer --> Security Reports --> Miscellaneous --> Action Usage by Role & Profile. Where does it gets information from? I have tried to execute it and getting no data.

Thanks for all. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, is it something like using these tables as a base for alerts generation?

1) Register all data in VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE

2) Agregate data from VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE into VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG

3) Agregate data from VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG into VIRSA_CC_ALLISTHDR and VIRSA_CC_ALLISTTDTL

What about deletion? Should be done at DB level or at application level?

Many thanks in advance.

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

in Alert tab in RAR, there is option to clear or delete alerts.

may i know the reason why you wish to know ...... it's sort of code design......

sorry can't help any further.

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imanol !

I've never heard of deleting Alerts per say, but you can delete the Action Usage that is used to generate the alerts. in RAR, go to: Configuration --> Ulitities --> Purge Action Usage.

I've never used the functionality yet, but my assumption is that deleting the action usage, would also impact the alerts and might possibly delete them too. There is some good information about positive/negative impact in the Configuation Guide "AC53_CG_Final_en_Aug_2010.pdf" on page 64.

Per your original question, if I understood correctly, the collected action usage is used a lot in AC. The following reports make use of Action Usage:

1. RAR --> Informer --> Security Reports --> Miscellaneous --> Action Usage by Role & Profile

2. RAR --> Informer --> Security Reports --> Miscellaneous --> Action Usage by User

3. ERM --> Informer --> Transaction Usage

The third report is my favorite since it collects usage counts and which really helps for role re-enginneering.

The UAR and SOD Review processes make use of action usage too.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dylan,

could not remember exact name, it was same functionality in 4.0 with 'delete' button..........

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE contain data directly from STAT file

this data is used for generating alerts

VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG and VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE used for generating alerts

this is TXT file, i doubt how big it can be (depends on no of PRD boxes )

best way is you clear / delete the alerts after review...

no idea of archieve option

regards,

Surpreet