cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Form Debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a smart form to output delivery document from VL02N. Based on the search result from this forum and other sources, I tried these debug methods:

SMARTFORM -> F8 / SE37 : Set break points or hardcode Bread Point

This works when run from SE37 or Smartform directly but there's no any data so I don't know what's wrong with it runs with data.

Is there any way to jump into debugger when I output report from VL02N? I've set break points but they don't work in runtime. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto debugging mode before issuing the output in the trnsaction and activate the update debugging.

If you are using new debugger goto Settings->Dispaly/Change degger settindgs->Check 'update debugging' settings

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for all of you.

I tried "/h" for debug mode. And then in debugger mode, Settings->Dispaly/Change degger settindgs->Check 'update debugging' . Now it do stop at the break point I set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too faced the breakpoint issue in smartform for VL02n tcode.

Kindly check How VL02n is configured to the smartform.

Maybe smartform is configured in background with VL02n and hence program doesn't stop at the breakpoint. stop at the

But now I was able to stop at the breakpoint set at the function modle and Application program, when executed through VL74. Kindly see to that whether the processing mode at selection screen of VL02n is 2 i.e, repeat processing.

<< Moderator message - Point begging removed >>

Edited by: Pala_Dileep on Jan 3, 2011 10:30 AM

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 3, 2011 2:27 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another possibility is that you have t activate update debugging if the print is done via update. In this case, the breakpoint will only be reached if you activate Update debugging.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using ECC 6 but it's still not working when I choose Extra -> Delivery Output from VL02N. Not sure if because it's kind of background job. I tried hardcoded BREAK-POINT and manually set break in SE37. Nothing happened and the report is output successfully.

Aidan, thanks for your advice. Will try when I return office next week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify once again.. Are you assign the right SMARTFORM in the txn. NACE for your Output Type.

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it's the right smartform. All my change in smartform are reflected in output report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just like this...

1. Deactivate the SAMARTFORM....

2. Delete the Form Assignment from Txn. NACE... for your Output Type...

3. Now try output using VL02N.... Now it should give error..if the assignment is right...

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you run the smartform in background the break-point will be skipped, you need to run it online

Max

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try setting a breakpoint in function module SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME. This function is always called by applications just before the call to smartforms function module.(to get te name of the smartforms function module)

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Smartform IF you have any Program Lines there please maintain Code "BREAK-POINT". this will call debug mode.

Regards

GK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you set a break-point by SE37, this will be available if Smartforms is called by VL02N too.

If your release is ECC 6, set an external break-point

Max