Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and Drop between Web Dynpro Tables on Cell Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to develop a Drag and Drop Functionality as follows:

I have two tables. I want to drag a row of the first table and drop it in a particular cell of the second table.

Is it possible to implement this using the Web Dynpro Drap and Drop Functionality?

If not, does anybody have an idea of how to implement this using other concepts (Flash Integration, Building up a Grid of Images and defining those as drop tragets, etc..)??

Valuable Advice is highly appreciated!

THANKS, Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FYI, Drag and Drop

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/d0760510-a2d5-2b10-de9f-d897679696e3

Demo components - WDR_TEST_DRAG_AND_DROP, WDR_TEST_DRAG_AND_DROP2

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 18, 2010 2:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Video.. It gives some information about Drag and Drop, but still, it does not say what I need to know.

Again:

I need to know if there is a way to drag particular cells in a Web Dynpro Table to other locations in that same table. Plus: I need to know if there is a way to drag and drop rows of one table into particular cell of another table.

Similar to what we do in our Outlook Calendars: We have a week in view and we see our appointments as blocks within that week view. Now, we can drag and drop these blocks to other locations. That is what I need to implement!

Does anybody have an idea?

THANKS, Johannes

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Drag and Drop within Web Dynpro is designed to work at the row level. The onDrop event will give you access to the source and destination context elements. There isn't really anything here that goes to the cell level.

I would think instead you might want to look at a multiPane or rowRepeater and in each cell surround the content with dropTarget UI elements. That is probably the closest you can get to what you describe using standard UI elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to implement this using a multiPane.

Thanks.

Answers (0)