cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to upgrade service pack on Windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have to upgrade service pack from SP1 to SP2 on our Windows server 2003, standard edition.

Our backup tool "BrightStor Archserv" and SAP solution manager system is running on this server.

My question is that Is there any backup issue will come after upgrading the service pack of windows server.

can we go ahead or what the pre-requisit steps we have to take befor to upgrade this.

I need your expert suggestions please ..

Regards,

Mushtaque

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I executed this upgrade and I didn't find any issue. Obviously, in these procedures you always must execute a complete system backup before apply this important update.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Mateus answered your question in regards to Solution Manager, it has no issues with Windows 2003 Server SP2.

However your question regarding your backup system (ArcServe) provided by Computer Associates (CA) is a question that needs to be directed to CA.

From what I can gather is that since version 9.0 at least ArcServe is supported for Windows 2003 SP2, however you have not provided the version.

For more information on ArcServe I would refer you to http://arcserve.com

As an example Version 11.5:

The following section provides the system requirements for the BrightStor® ARCserve® Backup Agent for Oracle:

Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 or Windows 2003 R2

Regards,

Paul