cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create two dropdown list in ONE ALV table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to create two dropdownlist in one ALV table. The content of dropdownlists are different. I have two context node to store the contents. Can I bind two context node to the interface node "function_elements" of ALV? The two dropdownlists should be displayed at the same time.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

For the 2columns of the ALV table, create 2 drop down by Index UI elements using the class CL_SALV_WD_UIE_DROPDOWN_BY_IDX.Populate the valuesets and attach to those attributes.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done this. However, the two dropdown lists have same contents. For each dropdown I have one context node filled with correspoding values. However, only one context node can be binded to ALV contest "FUNCTION_ELEMENTS". How should I do to fill the content differently into the two dropdown box?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you be more clear..I'm not clear with your requirement. You want different sets of data in columns for 2 drodpwons right.

As you have mentioed, there are 2 nodes....Can I have an example for your requriement to help you further.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create two dropdown box on the tool bar of a ALV (on the same line of "Settings"). Not on the columns.

should be like this:

DDI1 DDI2 BUTTON Settings

COL1 COL2 COL3

Data1 Data2 Data3

Now I would like to populate different content for DDI1 and DDI2 . Context node1 is for DDI1 and context node2 is for DDI2.

Currently, node1 is binded to ALV context node "FUNTION_ELEMENTS" and its attribute values are displayed in DDI 1

Could I also bind node2 to ALV context node "FUNTION_ELEMENTS" so that two dropdown box can be displayed at the same

time?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can have 2 different dorp down functional elements but thier ID while you create (cl_salv_wd_fe_*) should differ.

Yes, each node refers to one dropdown by Index/key.

Have you done..Are you facing any proeblm in displaying other drop down. when You can create 2 buttons there is very much possibility to create 2 drop down UI elements on ALV toolbar. I dont find any restriction here.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is that:

When I try to bind node2 to ALV node "FUNCTION_ELEMENTS", I get the warning "ALV is already binded to node1". I can only bind node2 after delete node1 binding.

How can I bind both node at the same time within one ALV table.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me check it agian...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I considered one node with 2 attribtues which have some fixed values and bound this single node to ALV functioanl elements.

Cretaed 2 drop down by keys for them and tested it. I have 2 drop downs with the values in the toolbar.

With 2 nodes I didnt test it yet..I guess we can still achieve tihs..Let me also give it a try for Nodes aslo..Cannot we create a single with 2 attributes that is bound to ALV functional elemtns. as you have 2 different nodes..Using the Node info asisgnt eh value set to those attributes and create 2 drop down by keys and test it. Using 2 separate nodes....even I have to test it..

I think Statically you cna bind only one node but as the cardinality of functioal elements is 1..N we can bind other node also.. but it has to be done through programing/coding. Even I have to try it..BUt using the above ways I achieved the required one.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 18, 2010 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincet,

Have you got the solution...I have not tired it yet...which method/way you chose to achieve it...

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bind two context node to one parent node as sub-node. The parent node iss bound to alv function node. That works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Much for the information.

Regards,

Lekha.

Answers (0)