cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic alert messages in BPM control step not getting created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in transaction ALRTCATDEF, i have specified dynamic text for my alert category...........

in my BPM there are 3 control steps.....and i am using this alert category in all of my BPM 3 control steps..... but the alert messages in my 3 control steps are different.........But these alert messages(which i am giving in BPM) is not coming in the alert mail in alert inbox but it gives the common message in long text(which i gave in long text while defining the alert category)......

<b>So can anybody suggest me why my BPM alert message is not coming in the alert generated by BPM control step in the alert inbox of runtime workbench.</b>

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Please check if you have done the following steps:-

• check the dynamic text box available in alrtcatdef transaction, while creating the alert.

• In the bpm, create a variable of simple type in a container

• Included the container operation and the control step.

• For the container operation - give the right simple type variable container

• For the control step, specify the correct alert category (this should be the one for which the dynamic text is enabled)

• The alert message that you specify here should have text which will be seen when the alert raised

*To capture the dynamic alert in the alert message, which is caught by the container step in the bpm....you will have to give the name of the simple type variable

between two ampersands(&).

"But these alert messages(which i am giving in BPM) is not coming in the alert mail in alert inbox but it gives the common message in long text(which i gave in long text while defining the alert category)......"

On checking the dynamic text option in the alert category defined, you will not have the option of giving a message in the long text. So, there is no way that the long text can be seen - 'cuz you are not defining it in the first place! Hence, either you have given the wrong alert category in the bpm or have not cheked the dynamic text option.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

Thanks for your reply..........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome:)