cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Mapping Spaces for Receiver Flat File Fixed Length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mapping experts,

my scenario is receiver FILE (fixed length)

so if a validation applied on a target field returns false then I need to pass the spaces having the number of characters defined for that field

example

targetField length = 8

using "IF" function to perform validation, if validation is true THEN = FIELD

if validation is false ELSE = "________" (underscore to represent 8 spaces)

the problem is the validation is of multiple occurences in one queue and if the "true" statement is on the 6th row, I get _________ which is the value of the 1st row (which is correct because rows 1 to 5 are all false therefore having the value of ELSE which is _______ mapped to it)

How can I get the value of the TRUE row regardless of what row it is located?

e.g. IF = input is 5 rows of validation, TRUE is in the 3rd row, i will get the 3rd row value

IF = input is 5 rows of validation, NO TRUE Value, return 8 spaces

right now when i Display Queue values are

iF:in0		iF:in1		iF:in2		iF:out
1111		false		[_________]	[_________]
2222		false				[_________]
3333		true				3333
4444		false				[_________]
5555		false				[_________]

In above Queue i only get the value of the 1st row which is ________ --> because my target field occurrences definition in Data Type is 0....1

if I change Data Type occurrences to 1...unbounded I get 5 target fields generated --> WRONG because target file is fixed field, so only one occurence of that target field is required

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> so if a validation applied on a target field returns false then I need to pass the spaces having the number of characters defined for that field

This not necessary. It is fine just to create an empty node.

Use function "mapwithdefault" to create an empty node. Instead of "if" use "ifwithoutelse"

so you would have:

... - ifwithoutelse - mapwithdefault - target

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you give me the idea of what validation are you using so that anyone can help you with the UDF straightaway

because you need to have a UDf in place which will iterate the number of times the field occurs and then it will check the entire queue first ,where validation is true and only at the instant it will return the value

if the entire queue is value it will return the 8 underscores

I hope this is what you wanted

regards

ninad